Inventory

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paque

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi!

I don't often have the opportunity to go to a homebrew store...

I will travel this week and I will stop at a homebrew store...

What could be the more important grain I should by to make sure I have what it takes on hand to brew different styles as IPA, brown ales, Stouts, Scoth Ales?

Thanks!

There will be a base grain like two row, pale ale malt or Maris Otter in all of them. Then all of those styles will take different additional malts.

I would get together a few recipes and use them for your shopping list.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I typically buy 55 lbs sacks of both 2-row and Marris Otter. I brew mostly ales and IPAs. I notice the Marris Otter gets used much much faster than the 2-row.

Maybe it´s a stupid question..,is 2 row and pale malt is the same type of malt? I mean, if a recipe calls for pale malt...is it 2 row or it's really pale malt that is needed?

Thanks!

Maybe it´s a stupid question..,is 2 row and pale malt is the same type of malt? I mean, if a recipe calls for pale malt...is it 2 row or it's really pale malt that is needed?

Thanks!

If a recipe calls for for Pale Malt extract, that is what you should use, Pale malt extract and Pale malt 2 row are 2 completely different animals.

Back