Internation Brewers seek yeasty relationship

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sihole

Reaction score
SO! We want to do some small batches, and we need YEAST!! We have a an apartment on the top of a building and need yeasts for Belgian styles that ferment at a higher temperature, cause, you know, HEAT RISES!!

Anyway, we kind of need someone to suggest and possibly mail us some yeast in South Korea.

Any takers?

Guys?

Sincerely,

Desperately Seeking Yeast

I don't know any yeast that does not ferment at high temps, its more just that with a high fermentation you will often get green apples, bananas and other strange ester off tastes, that said especially with Belgium style beers the estery flavours you might consider "off tastes" are somewhat considered part of the style ;)

Solutions:

1) Aside from finding someone here to send you yeast Im sure there are online resellers that can send/sell you yeast, I buy my yeast online.

2) Alot of those beers are bottle conditioned and contain a good sample of living yeast so, buy one, pour 90% of it into a glass, culture the dregs, make a yeast farm.

3) Buy a mini fridge. They perfectly fit a 6 gallon 30ish leter fermentation bucket. Just adjust the tempurature as you want and you can use whatever yeast you want, ever dreamed of making a lager or pils? especially nice if your trapped in a over heated apartment ;)

we are able to get yeast, just not many. The only belgian is the wlp400 wit yeast. Which is fine, we'll try it. But wanted to do something else in the future months.

The bottle of beer idea in that case isnt silly then. Assuming you can buy them.

just write down the beers available, go home, search what yeast they use, use the dregs to brew.

Latest posts

Back