Interesting Aroma In Boulevard Wheat Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzy1038

Reaction score
I just got done bottling a batch of BierMuncher's Liethaus Wheat. The interesting thing is that it has the odor of a Erdinger Weissbier or Paulaner Weiss. Basically what I call a juicy fruit aroma.

I used S-05 yeast and fermented at 67F. The only thing I did different was I changed up the hops. I went with Magnum, citra, and sorachi ace for the hops. Below is my hop schedule.

boil 60 mins 0.25 Magnum
boil 5 mins 0.125 Citra
boil 5 mins 0.125 Sorachi Ace

dry hop 5 days 0.125 Citra
dry hop 5 days 0.125 Sorachi Ace

I don't mind it because I like bavarian wheats, but I wanted something more like Boulevard so the only thing I can think of is that the hops may be contributing to it. Although the yeast is what usually gives that "juicy fruit" note to the beer. It just seems a little weird.

Well the juicy fruit has subsided some. It's at 3 weeks today. 2 in primary and 1 in the bottle. Good carbonation, good head, good lacing. It still tastes more like a Hefeweizen though. Great on these hot days we've been having!

Back