Interested in wine making

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmcoklahoma

Reaction score
I have an idea of what kind of wine id like to attempt. So with that said, is there a recipe to clone the Barefoot Red Moskato? I like the flavor of it, and ive been interested in making wine for a while, just didnt know where or how to start. Ive made a few beers over the years and that has kind of helped to get me in the wine idea. Any help?

Wine making is much simpler than beer - no boil/cool down issues and while sanitizing is important you don't have to be as careful with wine as you do with beer. I would recommend checking your local LHBS (assuming they stock wine supplies to) or sites like Northern Brewer and find a kit that has a flavor profile similar to the wine you want (just like doing extract when starting with beer - it simplifies the process.) Good news is you probably don't need any equipment (other than a new bucket just to ensure you have no off flavors from an old batch of beer!)

Good luck!

Moscato wine kits are easy to find. You can then finish it off by flavoring with raspberry/cherry juice. Start with some samples of different blends until you find the combination of your Barefoot. Then blend the batch to the ratios.

Check out RJ Spagnols International line of wine kits. They have a "California Muscat" which sounds similar to your Barefoot type. Your LHBS could probally order it for you, then give you some tips on the best way to make it with your local conditions. Good luck! :)

Back