Installing Torpedo Keg Buoy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ineedit

Reaction score
I recently ordered a Torpedo Keg Buoy and having a lot of issues getting it installed in my keg. The hose is larger than the dip tube hole so I have to stick my hand inside the keg and try to thread it on the short dip tube. Is this how is it expected to work or am I missing something? I don't feel I have big hands but there isn't much room to work in there.

That's how it is for me as well. I put in the dip tube, tighten the post, then stick my hand in the keg opening and put the hose on the dip tube. It helps if the keg is empty so that you can tilt it as needed.

The first couple times it was more difficult, and I would put the hose in hot water to try to loosen it up. After a few times, I got the hang of it and now it's pretty easy to get on.

Haven't tried tightening the post first. Makes sense. I knew someone out there had a trick for this. Thanks..

Wow!! That was easy. Tightening the post made a world of difference. I ended up trimming the dip tube a little as well. I use 1.5 gal kegs so it doesn't need to be as long. Thanks again.

Back