Installing Kewler Kitz.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearymore

Reaction score
Well, my Kewler Kitz came, and I'm ready to install it. Unfortunately, no instructions came with it. I'm not sure where the washers and o-rings are meant to go. I'm guessing that the large o-ring goes on the outside of the cooler and the small one on the inside. Is that right? Do both washers belong on the inside? If any one has instructions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanx.

Brett0424 said:
Just put them on in the order they came, with one inside and one outside.

So, starting from the inside, you have two washers and the small o-ring, then the cooler, and on the outside the large o-ring and the nut. Is that right? The picture on the Kewler Kitz page is too small to see clearly, but it looks like that is the case.

Correct. Also, use three times as much teflon tape as you think you need. In fact, if you can still thread it on there, you haven't used too much. Also, tighten by hand. Using a wrench caused me to jack the o rings. I then checked this site out, tightened by hand, and have had no leakage issues all spring.

Well, my Kewler Kitz came, and I'm ready to install it. Unfortunately, no instructions came with it.

I can email you the instructions.

I would also like to know how you ended up without instructions? The instruction sheet is part of the packaging on genuine Zymico products.

Maybe you bought a knockoff?

Wayne Holder
Zymico
http://www.zymico.com

I can email you the instructions.

I would also like to know how you ended up without instructions? The instruction sheet is part of the packaging on genuine Zymico products.

Maybe you bought a knockoff?

Wayne Holder
Zymico
http://www.zymico.com

I doubt it's a knockoff. I bought it from Midwest Homebrewing supplies who is one of your listed retailers. I'd really appreciate the instructions. I've sent you a private message with my e-mail address.

Thanks.

Back