Input: buying either cereal killer or barley crusher tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nikeirons

Reaction score
Pulling the plug tonight and buying either cereal killer grain mill or barley crusher.
Is the barley crusher worth the extra $30 or stick with cereal killer?
Is there anyone who dislikes the one that they bought?

Thanks

There are a lot of threads on HBT comparing mills. Some are listed on the bottom of this page under "similar threads." Both of those mills have the same length and diameter rollers, but with the cereal killer you only get a 6 month warranty. I have read that the BC warranty is lifetime, but you will find threads where people complain they can't ever get a hold of anyone from the company. I haven't used either of them, but an LHBS near my house had a BC and it was awfully loud. They now have a 3 roller Monster Mill. Personally, I'm happy with my Monster Mill (longer and wider rollers), but they all work pretty much the same way.

I have a Barley Crusher, and so far it seems to work great. A real good value for the money, compared to some other pricier mills.

That said, as DOD alluded to, some people have had issues in the past with theirs, and more importantly issues with BC customer service/trying to get BC to honor their warranty. Take that how you will. A lot of people really like BC mills, but if you get a lemon, good luck trying to fix the situation. (All this based on hearsay, I have no actual experience with BC customer service).

Thanks guys. I have went through all the threads that you mentioned. I read that they are similar etc. and I read about the customer service with BC. It seems years ago they responded well as of lately though its hard to get through
I've narrowed it down to these 2 because most people like them and price is great. $99 for CK and $130 for BC shipped.

Thanks again

I Have a Cereal Killer, my brother in law bought it for me for my birthday - I'm pretty happy with it; that stated I've never used a barley crusher so I can't comment one way or the other.

good luck!

Latest posts

Back