Inline 18B20 temp sensor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Btaz

Reaction score
I have a few waterproof 18B20 temp sensors, but I'm failing too come up with any ideas how to add them Inline to the circulation tubing. I imagine using a T-connector with the probe in the top. Not sure how to add the probe and steel it up. Ideally it would be removable rather that glued/eloxy/sealed in. Any suggestions?

A tee with a compression fitting, but with an "O" ring substituted for the metal ferrule.

Brew on :mug:

Are there threaded "tops" with an internal compression fitting? Sorry, not picturing it

Are there threaded "tops" with an internal compression fitting? Sorry, not picturing it

Yes, go to imaages.google.com and search on "compression fitting". There are similar items known as "glands" that can be used on tubing and cable. You might also check with Brewhardware.com, they might have something specifically for this.

Brew on :mug:

Back