Inkbird ITC-310T, ITC-308 or ITC-306T. Which is the best for you

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Inkbird is releasing new pre-wired thermostat with time programmable controller ITC-310T for home brewing.

So how do you think about ITC-310T for your first sight? Comparing with ITC-308 and ITC-306T, which do you prefer?

ITC-310T will be released next week on Amazon.

12377962_423442741194056_4601300849627912675_o.jpg

12373205_423442757860721_835372338150048421_n.jpg

ITC310T features:

12391196_423442774527386_7103765621335810873_n.jpg

That seems pretty neat!

Questions:
How long duration can be programmed in each stage? Are the durations programmed in hours or minutes?
Will this also be available with european plugs (and 220v)?
What will it cost?

That seems pretty neat!

Questions:
How long duration can be programmed in each stage? Are the durations programmed in hours or minutes?
Will this also be available with european plugs (and 220v)?
What will it cost?

Thanks for your questions.

Timing range: 1-999(min/hour/day).

The european plug will come soon. After it is available, I will note you.

I haven't gotten the sales price for EU plug type. Sorry.

Hi there,

I would like to order the one with UK plugs. How much will this cost? Please let me know when it is available for purchase.

Many thanks,
Benny

Hi there,

I would like to order the one with UK plugs. How much will this cost? Please let me know when it is available for purchase.

Many thanks,
Benny

You want ITC-310T? If so, I will consult from our production manager and reply you later?

What does the feature "super-capacitor" mean?

There is one capacitance component in it. When the power is off, the time function is still available. If without it, the time function will be stop and some data will be disappeared.

Got in touch via FB. Offered a 30% discount, but asked to wait a week. Decided to wait for a week, but then offered with a full price. Disappointed!

Just wanted to share that I got my 310T hooked up with my freezer this weekend and took it for a test drive. Really a solid unit and feature rich. I don't know if there is anything else I'd want from a unit.

I do have one question... If I've programmed the unit with 6 stages and say it's on stage 4 but I decide I want to bump that temp up a degree, is there a way to do that manually without interrupting the program, or by manually overriding that program, I'll have to remove the stage programming? Just wondering if I could simply bump the up arrow to increase target temp without going through the programming screens.

Thx, and again, love the unit!! Super value!

Just wanted to share that I got my 310T hooked up with my freezer this weekend and took it for a test drive. Really a solid unit and feature rich. I don't know if there is anything else I'd want from a unit.

I do have one question... If I've programmed the unit with 6 stages and say it's on stage 4 but I decide I want to bump that temp up a degree, is there a way to do that manually without interrupting the program, or by manually overriding that program, I'll have to remove the stage programming? Just wondering if I could simply bump the up arrow to increase target temp without going through the programming screens.

Good questions. You can't manually operate after you set it. You need to reset. Thanks.

I'm having an issue with my 310t when trying to set the date and time parameters. I do as the instructions state, yet the controller backs out and goes back to the "home" screen and doesn't allow me to set any of the parameters while pressing either the up or down buttons....any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I asked ink bird kind of the same question. This is what I got back

&#22312;2016&#24180;06&#26376;16 09&#26102;12&#20998;&#65292;"[email protected]"<[email protected]>&#20889;&#36947;&#65306;

Nature of Request :Customer service
I have a 310T, if I add and change some of the ST settings will it stay in line with what has already passed. For example: If ST1 is set for 21 days and I change up ST3 and add ST4-6 will it reset everything and start ST1 back to day 1? Or will it stay on track where it was before?

Hello Grant,
Sorry for the delay reply.

After discussed with our engineer, got the answer that if the STA value is unchanged, there will be no impact when you add up ST3 and ST4-6. For example, if there are 3 days after you set the ST1=21, when you add up ST2, there will be 18 days left of ST1.

But, if you changed the STA and added up the ST2-ST6, it will change the ST1.
Hope this would be helpful.

Any other questions, just tell freely!

Hope you have a nice weekend!

Yours Sincerely,

Amy Xie

INKBIRD TECH. C.L.

Tel +86 755 25721303
Email: [email protected]

does the unit have temperature ramping between setpoints that the blackbox controller has? or does it just go directly from one temp to another?

The 310 you can set to ramp. But it would be a lot more work and you would have to reset more frequently due to there only being 6 setpoints. I don't go crazy with it. Like if I want to go from 64 to 70 I'll do 1 day at 67 so it will quickly as possible go from 64 to 67 then I keep it there a day and it will switch to 70 as quickly as possible.

You could set it to ramp from 64 to 65 for 2 hrs then to 66 for 2 hrs and so forth. But again you could only do that for 6 stages before you have to reset the stages to go higher.

Noob question: Bought a chest freezer today and have the Inkbird ITC-310T. I have the chest freezer plugged in now and though I have it on the lowest setting it is still pretty cold. I am going to want it set to 66 degrees F once i put my carboy in there after I brew tomorrow. Do I want the freezer plug going into the cooling or the heating outlet on the Inkbird?

Noob question: Bought a chest freezer today and have the Inkbird ITC-310T. I have the chest freezer plugged in now and though I have it on the lowest setting it is still pretty cold. I am going to want it set to 66 degrees F once i put my carboy in there after I brew tomorrow. Do I want the freezer plug going into the cooling or the heating outlet on the Inkbird?

Always the cooling side. The heated side you want to plug in a heat wrap found on Amazon or some will do a light bulb in a paint can. But the fridge should always be on the cool side because if you think about it, the main purpose of the fridge or freezer is to cool things not heat them up. You could also not have anything plugged into the heat side and just have it naturally heat back up. Only problem is sometimes it takes a while and create temp swings.

Also in this thread below I kinda did a step by step guide incase you have questions.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=577776

So set it up last night and so far haven't been able to get the Inkbird to get within 4 degrees of the value I set I have the Heating differential value set to 1, and the Cooling set to 1. Have the compressor delay to 10 (was at 1 all night and every time I checked never got closer than 4 degrees. It has gotten as close to 4 degrees difference but that is it. Just put in an empty fermentor/carboy and taped the sensor to see if that would help at all (vs before when it was just dangling or resting on the bottom of the freezer.

Below is the freezer I bought. Any ideas?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-7-0-cu-ft-chest-freezer-white/8390027.p?skuId=8390027

Add water to the fermenter then tape it to the side with like a koozie or something between the sensor and the ambient air. This should help you lock in the temperature and get you stable. If not let me know, there shouldn't be any reason that freezer can't get to the temp you want.

Latest posts

Back