INKBIRD ITC-1000F Keezer Temp Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jahlinux

Reaction score
Putting together a ITC-1000F Temp controller for my keezer. Noticed most people don’t install a separate relay for switching the freezer on and off. The ITC-1000F relays are rated for 10amps.

I have a Maytag 14.8 cubic foot freezer.

Wondering if I should purchase a separate relay for switching the keezer on and off instead of relying on the one in the temp controller?

Amazon has this one for sale:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019131LQS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Would this relay work?

Last edited by a moderator:
why would you do that? the INKBIRD ITC-1000 works very well with a fridge, it does its job of turning on and off the compressor so no need for anything else. I use it for temp ctrl fermentation and it works great. But your call, of course :)

I've already ordered the relay so I guess I'll just use it. Nice to know that the relay in the Temp Controller can handle everything if I need to end up using it. Thanks for the response.

Back