[Initial Release] RaspberryPints - Digital Taplist Solution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a way to add a nitro vs co2 column?

Also do I have a sizing issue? I thought it'd resize to fit the screen? In the desktop the screen is fully used

There've been a few folks that have done two-column tap lists. If you have that many brews on beergas maybe you could sort them to their own column?

As for the screen sizing thing, was the desktop using the same 16:9 geometry?

Cheers!

i have three on beer gas and wanted to toy with side by side of tasting notes via beer gas and co2, but i guess i have simpler issues to resolve first.

yes the pi displays correctly on the desk top at the 16:9 aspect no matter if im in landscape or portrait. if i run pints in landscape the list of 9 is not visible, it goes down past view able screen. portrait you can see above.

Go see the post #1459 by JonW for the two row tap list.

i have three on beer gas and wanted to toy with side by side of tasting notes via beer gas and co2, but i guess i have simpler issues to resolve first.

yes the pi displays correctly on the desk top at the 16:9 aspect no matter if im in landscape or portrait. if i run pints in landscape the list of 9 is not visible, it goes down past view able screen. portrait you can see above.

You can definitely put something in to show CO2 v nitro. And you can adjust height of each row...

But you'll need to edit the index.php and style.css to do it. As coding goes, it's not hard, but you'll probably earn a few new gray hairs in the process! ;-)

Of course, RaspberryPints has only just begun! :D

You can go here to pick your download version.

And the more recent R'Pints thread here covers the latest release that brought flow meters into the tap list...

Cheers!

Hey everyone, I have my pi set up so its displaying my taps, but I want it split screen like John W so all of them are visable. He listed his edits on this site http://www.surfcitybrewing.com/download/index_php.txt,
but I'm not sure what to do with all that code. I suppose its to edit the .PHP file, but I don't know how to do that or find it in file manager. Im totally new at linux and the pi. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, as I am very close to being finished and frustrated. I cant seem to find relevant info anywhere online on how to modify display settings. Thanks!

how bout selectable images for the abv/calorie colom? say choose between bottle and glass image, so can show bottle available as well as tap.
btw raspberrypints looks so cool on my kegerator
IMG_0667_zpsp6oqogtt.jpg

Hey everyone, I have my pi set up so its displaying my taps, but I want it split screen like John W so all of them are visable. He listed his edits on this site http://www.surfcitybrewing.com/download/index_php.txt,
but I'm not sure what to do with all that code. I suppose its to edit the .PHP file, but I don't know how to do that or find it in file manager. Im totally new at linux and the pi. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, as I am very close to being finished and frustrated. I cant seem to find relevant info anywhere online on how to modify display settings. Thanks!

That PHP code is just for reference. You should be downloading the ZIP file and just using the file copies from there.
http://www.surfcitybrewing.com/download/RPi-JonW-Mods.zip

1. ***BACK UP THE ORIGINAL VERSIONS OF index.php AND style.css IN /var/www/ BEFORE YOU DO ANY OF THIS!!!!!!***
2. As JonW says, download the zip. Put those files (index.php and style.css) into the "/var/www/" folder of your pi.
3. You can edit those files. There's a text editor called "nano" that is pretty easy to use.
4. How? Well, if you have *any* coding experience, PHP scripts and CSS stylesheets are relatively easy to understand. The CSS stylesheet defines certain structures overall on the web page, and the index.php calls out those structures as they're actually used.

Either way, you're probably going to have to spend some time learning new things (CSS and PHP). Even working from JonW's code, I had to do quite a but of customization on that to get to what I have below.

If JonW is willing to host it, I can send him my own index.php and style.css files, though. That will give another reference, and perhaps by comparing mine and his you can better get an idea of *why* they're different. Maybe I can also put them up someplace like Google drive...

WrongPlanetBrewing.png

If JonW is willing to host it, I can send him my own index.php and style.css files, though. That will give another reference, and perhaps by comparing mine and his you can better get an idea of *why* they're different. Maybe I can also put them up someplace like Google drive...

WrongPlanetBrewing.png

Send it over Brad. I'll host it. How about naming it the same as mine, but change the username portion to yours.

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for assistance, but I'm not sure where else I can turn to.

I just set up Raspberry Pints on a New Raspberry Pi 2.0, and am running into issues being unable to tap any kegs/beers which I have created. I have gone through the process of creating my beers and setting up the number of kegs, and have added in the kegs as well with their details and set them to the state of clean.

However, when I got to tap the keg and fill out the info and select the keg location and hit save, nothing happens. I am kicked back to the tap list, yet no information has populated except for the fact that if I got back to the keg in question the status has changed to 'serving'. The draft list still shows all drafts as "Nothing on Tap" no matter what I have tried thus far.

At first I though it might be a read-only issue, however this can't be the case because I have no issues changing the number of drafts and the Draft list title which do upate in real-time. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why this isn't working at all?

Bwarbiany and JonW,

Thaks a lot for the code, using JonW's it split my screen like I want, but it's only displaying six out of my 8 beers. The last two are off the screen. I looked at the files to edit the text but don't know how to make it so the entire screen size is smaller so it will fit all of the taps. What should I look for there? Brad, (also my name, weird) you said earlier if I have any coding experience, well I have absolutely none and don't really know what to look for in all that code. Thanks again.

[...]I just set up Raspberry Pints on a New Raspberry Pi 2.0, and am running into issues being unable to tap any kegs/beers which I have created. I have gone through the process of creating my beers and setting up the number of kegs, and have added in the kegs as well with their details and set them to the state of clean.

However, when I got to tap the keg and fill out the info and select the keg location and hit save, nothing happens. I am kicked back to the tap list, yet no information has populated except for the fact that if I got back to the keg in question the status has changed to 'serving'. The draft list still shows all drafts as "Nothing on Tap" no matter what I have tried thus far.

At first I though it might be a read-only issue, however this can't be the case because I have no issues changing the number of drafts and the Draft list title which do upate in real-time. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas as to why this isn't working at all?

Which version did you install? You need to install the V2.01 kit from here.

Beyond that, file ownership and permissions are important.

And the more current Raspberry Pints thread can be found here...

Cheers!

Bwarbiany and JonW,

Thaks a lot for the code, using JonW's it split my screen like I want, but it's only displaying six out of my 8 beers. The last two are off the screen. I looked at the files to edit the text but don't know how to make it so the entire screen size is smaller so it will fit all of the taps. What should I look for there? Brad, (also my name, weird) you said earlier if I have any coding experience, well I have absolutely none and don't really know what to look for in all that code. Thanks again.

Did you try CTRL-minus in the browser display?

Cheers!

Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask for assistance, but I'm not sure where else I can turn to.

I just set up Raspberry Pints on a New Raspberry Pi 2.0, and am running into issues being unable to tap any kegs/beers which I have created. I have gone through the process of creating my beers and setting up the number of kegs, and have added in the kegs as well with their details and set them to the state of clean.

Yeah, I'm going to go with file permissions. If you've gotten this far, it's not a Raspberry Pi issue, it's something where your edits either aren't being taken or can't be taken.

Did you do this from here:

sudo chmod -R 777 /var/www

Bwarbiany and JonW,

As someone else said, first check whether your browser is zooming for some reason. Control-Plus or Control-Minus on the screen will zoom.

Assuming you're zoomed at 100%, then you need to start digging into files.

I think in your style.css file you want to look at this:

Code:
table .tap-num{
        height: 235px;
        width: 50px;
        vertical-align: middle;
}

By changing that height value to a different number of pixels, you might change the height of each row.

BTW sending us a photo of the screen will help us diagnose it as well.

Which version did you install? You need to install the V2.01 kit from here.

Beyond that, file ownership and permissions are important.

And the more current Raspberry Pints thread can be found here...

Cheers!

You know what, that was it. I thought I had download v2.0.1 but it was actually v2.0.0... I installed 2.0.1 and it's working fine now. Also ran the chmod again for read/write access.

Thanks guys!

This is a screen shot, zoomed to 75% so it all fits on the screen. So close!!!! Wondering what column is the wide empty boxes in the middle. Just need to figure out how to get rid of them so everything stretches out horizontally. Also, this is off JonW's code, so tap # image files aren't displaying properly where his pool ball tap #s are. I just want regular number icons there. Any ideas?

View attachment Zythos screen shot.bmp

After all that tinkering, I came up on a 23 inch monitor last night on CL for $20 so now I can run my taplist vertically. Got it mostly dialed in, thanks for the assists JonW and bwarbiany. Now a few tweaks with font color and size and I'll be done! Also, had my new perlicks and shanks waiting for me when I got home, got em installed, project is nearly done. I only need to make some more whitelabs tap handles. Pictures don't do it justice, the monitor is huge and looks friggin' awesome. Super stoked.

20150328_111524.jpg

20150328_111535.jpg

Not sure if anyone else has done this and I'm not going to read through 159 pages to find out. I did some initial research about running Raspberry Pints on my android tablet which lead me to the tutorial on the pints website explaining how to setup a web server on a local PC and then have the tablet connect to that server to access Raspberry Pints. That's a perfectly acceptable method but I wanted to take it one step further. I installed a free app from the Play store (Palapa Web Server) that actually installs a web server+php+mysql on the android device directly. From there I installed Raspberry Pints directly on the tablet and voila! Raspberry Pints on my 7" $100 Galaxy Tab 2. Here are a couple of pics showing it running. If there is some interest I could do a howto/writeup.

20150329_000954-65371.jpg

20150329_001009-65372.jpg

Next up I plan to add some simple touch controls so that you could tap on a beer and then select a pour amount (preset for 5oz, 12oz, 16oz, 20oz, 64oz) as an alternative to flow meters for tracking..

I was wondering if there were ever any strides made to support other, cheaper flow meters. Like the simple Hall effect types?

I was wondering if there were ever any strides made to support other, cheaper flow meters. Like the simple Hall effect types?

Afaik nobody has tried to use the relatively cheap Adafruit meters yet, but it should be easy enough to try. The tick count per ounce would have to be modified but that should be the only change needed...

Cheers!

I'll have to order some and see. I was wondering because there are some cheap meter sets out there that come with the flow meter and an lcd readout. I was gonna get one to log the starting volumes of my kegs when I do the initial transfer. I know they aren't reliable, but we're talking about a novelty feature here and accuracy isn't necessarily that important to me.

If you blue toothed the arduino you'd have a fully wireless setup. Though the tablet would need to remain charged anytime the taps were in use.

I guess. I've had mixed results with BT and android. It should work. I just haven't put enough time into the android side of things.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, no. The flowmeters will not currently work with this setup on a tablet (unless the tablet is connected to an arduino via USB connection.

The issue comes in that the code is running on the rPi to constantly watch for input on the serial connection from the alamode and flowmeters. That connection wouldn't be there with the tablet.

Back