Initial cost to keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosvineer

Reaction score
What could I expect to spend initially to start kegging? I have a freezer I can convert, and know I will need a temp controller. Just curious what a reasonable price for 1 ball lock, 1 5# co2 tank, dual gauge regulator (with 2 different gas valves for the future) 1 wall faucet assembly, and gas/beer lines should cost.

Initial price checks show ~$300. Does that sound right?

What could I expect to spend initially to start kegging? I have a freezer I can convert, and know I will need a temp controller. Just curious what a reasonable price for 1 ball lock, 1 5# co2 tank, dual gauge regulator (with 2 different gas valves for the future) 1 wall faucet assembly, and gas/beer lines should cost.

Initial price checks show ~$300. Does that sound right?

Might be a bit more but pretty close. Maybe 50-100 more. Unless you look out for deals and are a smart shopper. Also preowned equipment would save some $

If your buying all new I guess that is a good price. Check local welding supply houses (not the big chains) most don't do 5# but I bought a 20# for $40 and refills + tax is $24. Regulators are easy/cheap to rebuild I bought all of mine used and just rebuild last one I bought a 3 gauge dual body Taprite with 4 outputs for $30. Hose I will always go new and cannot recommend the Bev-seal ultra enough plus is it fits a 5/16 push-lock fitting so no hassle installing or changing.

$145 for a 5 gallon ball lock keg, new 5lb co2 tank, all hoses and a double gauge regulator on Amazon, I bought this set a month ago.

My pricing included a wall faucet w/shank and a 2 line dual gauge set up. It may be worth it to start with this and add to it later

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back