ingredients vs kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLivermore

Reaction score
I looked up what came in a kit and looked up buying the ingredients separately. The kit was definitely cheaper.

What's the advantage to getting off a kit?

If I'm making basic beer (red ale, pale ale) am I just as well off with the kits?

I looked up what came in a kit and looked up buying the ingredients separately. The kit was definitely cheaper.

What's the advantage to getting off a kit?

If I'm making basic beer (red ale, pale ale) am I just as well off with the kits?

It depends on the kit. The ones from Northern Brewer, Midwest, and Austinhomebrew.com are excellent, and I wouldn't hesitate to use one of them. They make them up fresh when you order them (not sitting on a shelf) and they have good instructions . Austinhomebrew has hundreds and hundreds to choose from, from "clone kits" to styles, so that's the one I've ordered most of them from.

The other thing is, as you've noticed, then tend to be cheaper than purchasing ingredients individually.

For a beginner? Well directions and everything you need. Nothing wrong with a kit. Always remember you can still modify it.

Latest posts

Back