Ingredients not in BeerSmith

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petetheo

Reaction score
So, BeerSmith does not have the extract that I purchased from my LHBS yesterday. I wanted to add it in but it asks for the Potential SG and/or the Yield%. I have no idea how to find this information. The extract is Breiss Golden Light LME and I checked the specs on their Web site but can't find anything. Is there a way to calculate this?

So, BeerSmith does not have the extract that I purchased from my LHBS yesterday. I wanted to add it in but it asks for the Potential SG and/or the Yield%. I have no idea how to find this information. The extract is Breiss Golden Light LME and I checked the specs on their Web site but can't find anything. Is there a way to calculate this?

The golden light is probably very similar to the pale. I'd just copy that info, and update with the new name if you can't find it on their website. The PPG should be the same.

If you go to "Add-Ons" and click the "Add" button, you can actually import Briess malts into your ingredient list. The fact is that the SRM and SG contribution of extracts with similar labels (e.g. Light LME) don't differ very much anyway.

In the Briess malts add-on, it lists Golden Light LME as having 4.0 SRM and 1.038 SG potential.

I had to add some Cooper's cans & the like myself. I use them now as the extract in pm recipes. You can also add hops & adjuncts too. Grains,sugars...any fermentables.

Latest posts

Back