infection??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AUS_scotty

Reaction score
Infected or not. Its a mangrove jacks Wheet beer kit. With light malt and honey.
Never had the darkness this seems to have. Smells fine? ?

ForumRunner_20120504_182458.jpg

The things that can happen while a beer is fermenting can look pretty gnarly sometimes. Just let it do its thing and wait until its done. The taste will answer your question! Cheers!

Doesn't look infected to me. How long has it been fermenting? If less than 3 weeks, I'd definitely say not infected.

I wouldn't worry unless it turns bone white/forms a spiderweb patten on the top of your beer.

Looks like the planet BruHaus - a liquid planet with yeast raft continents doomed for imminent consumption destruction! :rockin:

Yeah i think it will be fine. That's 7 days in the fermenter at 18~20 degrees celcius. Just thought i would seek the opinions of many as opposed to my own.

My sour beers will not look infected at 7 days. Infections will not show up till after fermentation is over and you are messing with it all the time..

Back