Infected cider tastes amazing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orangevango

Reaction score
Im drinking a glass of the first cider i ever made, and ive got to say, it tastes pretty darn awesome. The recipe was as follows.

5 gallons of apple cider
2 pounds brown sugar
10 cans apple juice concentrate
lavalin ec1118

AND

a bit of brettanomyces and lacto somewhere along the line.

Its got a bit of sourness and funk, its pale, cloudy, and far more carbonated than the last time i opened a bottle. Yummy stuff.

I know its brett and lacto from the flavor profile. Its been aging close on a year.

It is yummy, and it is kicking my hindparts up and down the livingroom, im a third through the bottle and buzzed.

I know its brett and lacto from the flavor profile. Its been aging close on a year.

It is yummy, and it is kicking my hindparts up and down the livingroom, im a third through the bottle and buzzed.

Very interesting that you ended up with straight lacto and brett...is it on the earthy side or the sour side? Normandy style or Basque style?

I mean, I doubt it is exclusively brett and lacto, thats just what dominates the flavor, there are almost certainly other organisms playing their little parts. Its on the funk side, but its a bit sour as well.

Having never had any normandy or basque style cider, I have no frame of reference, sorry.

Back