Inaugural TB NYC Brewery Crawl: 2/24/18

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys...

source.gif

I think we can do it. We get a couple of those hydration bookbag and fill them up with gravitational waves or other banging Timmush specialty to drink on the train in between stops. It's doable, it will be February so the bags should stay cold. We just need to make sure they don't go flat.

I didn't "RSVP" but I may tag along because I mean you're just taking public transportation everywhere right?
I think you're fine. The RSVP was mainly to gauge how many glasses that would be needed to order.

Edit: But then again, you're dealing with raginasian238 and something tells me that if you don't fall in line with her directions she might bite you.

I think you're fine. The RSVP was mainly to gauge how many glasses that would be needed to order.
Have they been ordered? If not order 2 more please. I need to car drink in proper glassware as I drive between these breweries that are not very close to eachother because I trust my own drunk driving more than any of you figuring out the subway after brewery #2.

Edit: But then again, you're dealing with raginasian238 and something tells me that if you don't fall in line with her directions she might bite you.

I think also so we could give breweries a heads up as to what kind of crowds they can expect.

Have they been ordered? If not order 2 more please. I need to car drink in proper glassware as I drive between these breweries that are not very close to eachother because I trust my own drunk driving more than any of you figuring out the subway after brewery #2.

judge-judy-eye-roll-gif.gif

I hope your driving isn't as awful as the lack of punctuation in this post.

And seriously, you better be joking about that. There is absolutely no need for you to drive anywhere when there are a multitude of public transportation options, Lyfts, cabs, Ubers, etc at your disposal.

We did indeed ask for an RSVP so we could give breweries a head count. If everyone starts jumping in, it will affect where we go. If you are indeed going to come, please confirm ASAP so we can add you to the list.

We did indeed ask for an RSVP so we could give breweries a head count. If everyone starts jumping in, it will affect where we go. If you are indeed going to come, please confirm ASAP so we can add you to the list.
I didn't RSVP and just plan on staying one brewery ahead of yinz
Shrug-Shoulders-.gif

I might actually confirm with you later though
giphy-22-1438980775.gif

I didn't RSVP and just plan on staying one brewery ahead of yinz
Shrug-Shoulders-.gif

I might actually confirm with you later though
giphy-22-1438980775.gif

Yinz gon donton?
Penguins gear is highly recommended.

Also we need to tell the breweries that we will be bringing our own karaoke machine, right?

No biting. Just stabbing.

It should be mentioned, if I sound a little stabby, it is because I am we truly do need an accurate head count for the breweries and bars. It is good business, but not always fair, to our industry friends, to say one number and then show up with a significantly larger group.

I would love to see as many TBers come out but realistically, we are at 35 right now and that's a very good size.

It then becomes a matter of potentially reserving a space as opposed to "Hey, let's just go to [x] brewery and give [x brewer/owner] a heads up." That would in turn make following the schedule and departure/arrival times extremely important.

It is also obviously a Saturday, so we are not exactly looking at a slow business day.

Just some food for thought.

It should be mentioned, if I sound a little stabby, it is because I am we truly do need an accurate head count for the breweries and bars. It is good business, but not always fair, to our industry friends, to say one number and then show up with a significantly larger group.

I would love to see as many TBers come out but realistically, we are at 35 right now and that's a very good size.

It then becomes a matter of potentially reserving a space as opposed to "Hey, let's just go to [x] brewery and give [x brewer/owner] a heads up." That would in turn make following the schedule and departure/arrival times extremely important.

It is also obviously a Saturday, so we are not exactly looking at a slow business day.

Just some food for thought.

What if we break up into smaller groups and enter each brewery at 3 minute intervals and pretend that it was just coincidence.

And it was just coincidence that we have a karaoke machine.

What if we break up into smaller groups and enter each brewery at 3 minute intervals and pretend that it was just coincidence.

And it was just coincidence that we have a karaoke machine.
It’s only fair. If I were a business owner I’d never want 30+ ppl randomly walking into my shop and spending $. :rolleyes:

I hope your driving isn't as awful as the lack of punctuation in this post.

And seriously, you better be joking about that. There is absolutely no need for you to drive anywhere when there are a multitude of public transportation options, Lyfts, cabs, Ubers, etc at your disposal.

Yes 100% +1. Also, I see punctuation. And I haven't been on TB in a few months, otherwise I would have RSVP'd.

That was suuuuper helpful, thanks.

= downtown

Yinz gon (sic?) dahntahn roughly translates to “Are you fine gentlemen perchance perambulating towards the downtown area of our fair lady Pittsburgh?”

My yinzer spelling is atrocious, apparently. But I guess that’s expected being from lawn guyland...

Back