Inadvertent Temp experiment

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewDocND

Reaction score
So I just lived through Snowpocalypse 2011 here in CT. No power for 9 days. I had brewed RIGHT before it started (pitching by candlelight). So long story short my Belgian Pale Ale with Wyeast Belgian Schelde Ale Yeast spent 9 days in my 50 degree apartment. I left town and the beer was the least of my concerns.

The two times I stopped in, days 4 and 7 maybe, the fermentor was bubbling away, albeit slowly. The gravity is currently at 1.014 (Brewing Classic Styles, where I got the recipe says FG = 1.008). I'm going to let it sit, as I always do for a few more weeks and check again, and maybe give it some extra time because of the stress I put her through.

Does anyone have an idea of how this will affect the beer? I can report back since I've made this beer before (loved it) and can compare.

I don't know about the temp range for that yeast,but since it's slowly fermenting away you should be fine. May just turn out really clean tasting. Snowpocalypse pale,anyone?!

Latest posts

Back