In My Book...the Show of the Year

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan!

Reaction score
Check it.

I've been wanting to see KoL live for a LONG time. Their energy on the studio albums is crazy, so live should rock faces. And then they tossed BRMC in the mix too? Ho-lee-crap!

Buying tix now...:rockin:

Their most famous single is probably Molly's Chambers. Not my favorite song by a long shot. To me, their sound is like Led Zeppelin, but much rougher and southern and rootsy-bluesy. And their just simply badass dudes. Check the lyrics to this face-rockin tune:

"Four Kicks"

Huffman don't take no nonsense
He's here to rectify
He's got his black belt buckle,
And the red man's fire in his eye

You with your switchblade posse,
I'll get my guns from the south,
We'll take to the yard like a cock fight
Four kicks who's strutting now?

This party is overrated,
But there aint **** else to do
She's a lovin' on a boy from the city,
I'll be lovin' him under my shoe

:rockin:

This has been one HELL of a year for concerts. So far caught Presidents of the USA, The BUZZCOCKS, Meat Puppets, The Stooges (Yes Iggy Pop and the Stooges) Gene Loves Jezebel, Animotion, When In Rome, Dramarama, and Steve Poltz. Stray Cats are back, but I hate Don Henley and am not willing to pay 75 a ticket to see em.

1st: I read a review of the Stooges show, look spretty cool

2nd: Animotion? BWaaaaahaha... awesome.

3rd: Stray Cats - I might see B. Setzer with his group, but I think I like them better than the cats.

Evan! said:
And their just simply badass dudes. Check the lyrics to this face-rockin tune:

BADASS?!

They look like a bunch of pretentious mamma's boys...

kol_125903_j1_041.jpg

DS:

Life for the concert-goer is much better in the ci-tay. Here in the dead center of rural VA, we don't get tons of big acts. The new UVa b-ball arena has helped with that (Clapton, Timberlake, etc.), and the Pavilion, where this show is, also brings some cool acts. I've seen Ween and Wilco there before. But for the most part, big acts are not a regular occurrence, and when they are, the tix are crazy 'spensive.

Even though the sound quality is less than great under this stupid tent thing, I'm sure it'll rock anyway.

Living in Nashville, I've seen KoL live about 5 times. Once was in a 100 person venue when they just felt like playing for no reason (weren't touring at the time, just getting out of the house, I guess).

They're awesome, one of my favourite acts.

From my own and co-workers experience, working at The Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, they (KoL) are pompous, arrogant little bas&%#ds, with no redeeming social values other than the fact that they try to get their famliy to the shows. And (some/most of) their fans are even worse! Concert night is Amateur Night! 99% of our employees are hoping to have that night off. Being in security, that ain't happenin' for me, tho. If you want to know how I really feel, feel free to ask!

Sully

DeathBrewer said:
screamo. meh.

but i must say that looks can be deceiving...take this guy for instance:

HALFORD4.jpg

:rockin:

LOL, How true for Halford. Ever see the Vh1 Special on the History of Metal? Priest in the early days, Halford had hair down to his ass. The leather thing came from him...

"British Steel" still smokes as well. :rockin:

Ize

The thing is, Halford's a bad example. He's badass, but he's said that he got his image directly from gay subculture. It's not like he's ever hidden his homosexuality all that deeply; people just didn't want to see what was right in front of them.

evanmars said:
He looks gay.

LOL, of course he does. But a lot of the tunes were good. Some sucked. The same can be said of most bands. A lot of bands forget, it's not the image, it's the music.

Ize

Latest posts

Back