In Dallas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deep Ellum is fantastic. If you can make it out to Ft. Worth, Martin House is also great, and Rahr has a great tour, and decent beer.

Pick up a bomber of Armadillo Ale Works Quakertown Stout.
Won gold at the GABF for Imperial Stout.

nice beer.

It is actually brewed at Deep Ellum Brewery until Armadillo get's their built out.

http://www.beerinbigd.com/p/production-breweries.html

Here you go. One stop shopping. As you can see the tours are mostly Saturday afternoon, you pretty much have to pick one. Everybody has taproom hours, in addition.

Deep Ellum is over-rated, unless you enjoy pretentious snobbery. The brewery is not bad, but the people that go to Deep Ellum are pretty full of themselves.

I would recommend either Community or Lakewood. Community is state of the art and climate-controlled. Lakewood is in Garland, and is about 100 stoplights away from downtown. At Lakewood the emphasis is on Belgian, and has an impressive brewery. Community has a bit of everything.

LUCK is a very impressive restaurant with a fabulous line of taps, mostly local, mostly $5.00. It’s in Trinity Groves, right next to the highly outlandish Margaret Hunt Hill bridge.

So Tried to go to Community and they were either closed cause of the holiday or shutdowwn completly. Gonna try again tomorrow. Is there any on the other side of Dallas me and the GF are headed to The AT&T stasium tomorrow (which I hate but ya know). Thanks again guys.

Wait, no mention of Peticolas? Velvet Hammer is the best beer in Dallas hands down. I don't think they have a tour until this coming weekend and they're only on draft. Most craft beer places will have it. Check out Meddlesome Moth, Common Table, and The Gingerman.

If you're in town on Sat., Franconia does a tour and tasting; 11 am, I believe. Its a bit north in McKinney. +1 for Deep Ellum; good stuff.

Wait, no mention of Peticolas? Velvet Hammer is the best beer in Dallas hands down. I don't think they have a tour until this coming weekend and they're only on draft. Most craft beer places will have it. Check out Meddlesome Moth, Common Table, and The Gingerman.

Amen to that! Have you ever tried to clone VH?

AT&T stadium sounds like JerryWorld in Arlington, two thirds of the way to Fort Worth.

There is a lot of cool beer stuff in Fort Worth, not much in Arlington. Coincidentally, I will be at Shannon Brewery Friday in Keller. That’s probably thirty or forty minutes from JerryWorld, but they have a Red that is as good as it gets. The Chocolate Stout is world class too if you’re into that.

If you stay on I-30 you will quickly be in Fort Worth. Famous landmarks to consider:

Flying Saucer , opened in Fort Worth in 1995.
Pour House , many taps
Rodeo Goat, creative burgers and local beer.
Ginger Man, friendly, knowledgeable
T&P tavern, a restored train station art deco diner.
Zio Carlo , real Italian pizza brewpub.

BTW, do not ever refer to Tarrant Co as the ‘other side of Dallas’. Seriously, don’t.

Zman, I agree on the Velvet Hammer, a strong ale that really hides it's alcohol bite. Quite addictive. I have met Michael but I don't know him well. Peticolas is a good tour, but it doesn't have a taproom.

Lmao alright and yes it was Jerry's world and the GF loved it. Me well while I almost burst into flames it was a pretty cool dome to see. Found a local home brew shop with 40 beers on tap about 15 minutes outside of the stadium called Dr. Jeckel's beer lab. Had the community chocolate stout and a left hand. Then I found these at some store. It's pretty good blonde. Not gonna make it back down town tonight have a 10 hour drive back to TN in the morning. I'll be back though. Thanks for all the info guys. If you ever find yourselves in or near Nashville hit me up. There are at least 5 breweries worth trying. View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1420249921.255058.jpg.

Back