Imperial IPA Water Profile

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slickfish

Reaction score
Just a question to those of you who make mineral adjustments, what water profile do you target for your IPA's? Is all that sulfate really necessary or is it more about the sulfate to chloride ratio? Also do you treat all of the water required or just the water going into the mash tun? I have pretty soft water so I can do just about anything. Ca 7, K 1, Na 33, Mg 1, so4 4, Cl 18, hardness 22, hco3 52, Total Alkalinity Caco3 43, Carbonate <1. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Just a question to those of you who make mineral adjustments, what water profile do you target for your IPA's? Is all that sulfate really necessary or is it more about the sulfate to chloride ratio? Also do you treat all of the water required or just the water going into the mash tun? I have pretty soft water so I can do just about anything. Ca 7, K 1, Na 33, Mg 1, so4 4, Cl 18, hardness 22, hco3 52, Total Alkalinity Caco3 43, Carbonate <1. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

I used Moshers Ideal Pale Ale water profile for my last Pale.

Google it, I use Brewater 3.0

Back