I'm Thinking... 09/09/09 Barleywine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still a couple weeks away from shipping my beers. I have an IPA I just bottled that I want to include. The good news is the barleywine did carbonate some in the bottle (don't have a kegging system yet). I think it ended a little cloying but over all not bad.

Craig

I will also not be sending mine out until mid to late next week. I leave on a business trip tomorrow, and need to leave the barleywine carbonating while I am gone. On the plus side, I might have a treat or two to throw into the boxes from my trip to CA. :D

I'm pushing to shipping the week of the 27th to give a kolsch time to carb in the keg and get in the shipping rotation. My brewing/bottling assistant is moving kind of slow and it's hard to get her to go downstairs and give me a hand. She's under 5 weeks to go until it's Pink Boots part Duex in our brewery.

Anyone coming to WBMI and want to help bottle? Guaranteed laughs with the BMBF. :(

To all my shippees, I apologize, but there will be further delay. I have pneumonia, so I may not be up to bottling for another week or so.
TL

No prob Tex. I can wait.
It's funny, I have pneumonia too (along with Bronchitis and ear infections). I have been in and out of work for the last 3 weeks. No fun!

I will also not be sending mine out until mid to late next week. I leave on a business trip tomorrow, and need to leave the barleywine carbonating while I am gone. On the plus side, I might have a treat or two to throw into the boxes from my trip to CA. :D

Rubs hands together in eager expectation.:ban:

Boxes packed and dropped at UPS this morning.

I'll PM the tracking numbers later this weekend. I included recipe sheets for each of the beers:

2 Barleywines
1 Tits Up IIPA
1 Haus APA (Kona-ish)
1 Helles Belles
1 Special Bitters

:ban:

I got mine all bottled and boxed up tonight and will be shipping out tomorrow afternoon. Will PM tracking numbers then.

My HB stash is a little low right now. I have two that are not ready unless I wanted to wait another week to ship. But I'll be on vacation so it would end up being 2nd week of May if I waited.
So I included some local micro's that I really like.

2- 999 Barleywines
1 - IPA
1 - Strawberry wheat
1 - Schmohz's Hopknocker Imperial IPA
1 - New Holland's Dragons Milk

Shipped, and tracking #'s pmed. God that was stressful. :eek: I'm going to go pound a few homebrews now.

Notification form UPS...

Deathweed - DELIVERED

One down...two to go.

olllllo and Cuevas, yours are coming Thursday. :mug:
Wow, just got home 5 minutes ago to see your package waiting by my gate! I cannot wait to try out your tits up IIPA while trying out my DIY hopback this weekend. The pairing only seems fitting :mug:

Oh, to my recipients, I forgot to include my recipes... If anyone wants them I will get them to you, although that amber rye will probably end up in my drop down after I brew it one more time. (if it passes ya'lls muster that is :D)

Bottled up, got the packing materials ready. Now I just need to wait for this record heat wave to subside. It was 94*F here today! :(
That reminds me need to check weather at destination of my packages. Around here this time of year the weather is quite temperate. Won't likely see any 90's until July.

I will be packing this weekend if my IPA is ready.

Craig

One year today since the start of this project.

I'd say it's coming along nicely.

Interesting to revisit some posts and note some MIA's along the way. :(

I'm Thinking... 09/09/09 Barleywine

I mean c'mon...

The 888RIS event is coming along nicely and before you know it, we'll be looking for something to ring in the magic day of 2009.

This time we brew on (or as close as possible to) 09-09-08 in order to swap, open and enjoy for 09-09-09. This gives a full year for the barleywine to ripen.

I'd suggest we (again) look to the Pastor for a recipe (IE - Water to Barleywine).

Just throwing out an idea, but I'm looking for a reason to brew a barleywine.

Shipped mine out today. :rockin:

4x 999
1x Orfy's Mild
1x El Dictador IIPA (Maharaja clone)
1x Triple Six Oaked Tripel ('T' cap)
1x AHS Raspberry Chocolate Stout ('RCS' cap)
1x AHS Black Ale ('BA' cap)
1x Apfelwein from July 2008 ('AW' cap)
2x Real Ale Brewing samples

Enjoy. I can look up the AHS recipes in BeerSmith, if anybody wants them send me a PM. The IIPA and the 666 are in my dropdown.

Shipped today as well, sent out tracking numbers

2 999 Barlyewine (BW)
1 Barleywine Small Beer (BW s)
1 Oatmeal stout (OS)
1 Pale Ale (PA)
1 IPA - Goose Island
1 Northwind Imperial Stout - Two Brothers Brewing

Recipes available. I'm still tweaking the pale ale and oatmeal stout so they are not in my recipe dropdown yet.

The "Small" beer I think was 1.065 or so OG (I can't remember exactly) and came out very very bitter. Letting it age until now helped it mellow out. Still on the bitter side but more enjoyable now.

So it's almost carbonated enough. Early sampling shows high hoppy-ness and bitterness. Great flavor, needs the time to mellow out. Should be sending out first of next week?

....please reach out to your recipients with a PM and let them know your status.

We're by no means past a "deadline", but we're far enough along that it's time to start communicating so folks don't start wondering.

I know I'm late but I wanted to make sure my Rye IPA was drinkable before I shipped it.
I've got the bottles all set aside and plan on packing this evening. Those receiving packages from me expect to see a PM with tracking #s within the next couple days.

On better news, I received my first package yesterday and the second is due to be delivered tomorrow. :ban:

Craig

I have tried 2 of BM's "freebies" :rockin:

The "Tits Up IIPA" blew my mind. What an amazing brew. A little too expensive for me to try anytime soon with 12 ounces of hops in a 6 gallong batch, but man! The bitterness is not too assertive. The aroma is surpirsingly subtle. A lot of hop flavor going on; grapefruity bliss. However, the maltiness is just right. Everything melds together perfectly for a very pleasant-drinking Pliny tribute.

The "Helles Belles" was very good as well. Me thinks I will try this as another brew to tempt my BMC-Inbev loving in-laws over to the darkside. It is nice and light. Subtle hop balance. Nice finish. Very nice "drinking" brew.

BM,
How do you think your Helles would change with a true lager profile (yeast and lagering)?

EDIT: This is my 420th post. I know some of you on here will apreciate that and partake in your favorite hop relative. Not me though.

I'm getting it together, folks. Bottles are ready, and I think the beer is. I just need to get the beer bottled, packed and shipped. In other words, I haven't done a whole heck of a lot, but I'm getting there.

TL

I'm getting it together, folks. Bottles are ready, and I think the beer is. I just need to get the beer bottled, packed and shipped. In other words, I haven't done a whole heck of a lot, but I'm getting there.

TL

I'm about in the same boat. All my beer is ready to go but not bottled yet. It's my first time trying to bottle from the keg so I've got a few test bottles sitting in the fridge to see whether they're carbed right. When I get results from the test, and if it's working right, I'll bottle up the rest and send them out. Hopefully early next week depending on weather.

All of my packages hit the mail today. Once I get home and can find the password to UPS I will send out tracking information and recipes for additional brews to the targets.

And just incase its not obvious, I would like feed back on all the beers. Good, Bad or other. I think most people participating would appreciate the same.

Craig

Latest posts

Back