I'm supposed to pick my wedding attire. What should I wear?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She says it's up to you, but seriously, give her a preview well before so you can make a change if she doesn't end up liking your choice. That might not be a problem for you, but judging by your OP, I'd suggest erring on the side of caution. When I got married, my wife had no problem helping me pick out the tuxes. It was very quick and easy.

It might not be! I genuinely didn't care what my husband wore, as long as he showed up. The best man didn't believe me though, and thought it was a trap! Lmao

Sent from my iPod touch using Home Brew

Was your husband asking fashion advise on a online homebrewing forum? Did he do all the things the OP stated he had done in weddings before?

Was your husband asking fashion advise on a online homebrewing forum? Did he do all the things the OP stated he had done in weddings before?

Nah, I'm the home brewer, not him. I don't think he asked anyone's advice, and as far as I know, he hasn't ever been a best man or anything. He wore a kilt, btw, with a dress jacket etc, which surprised me. I expected the kilt, but not the full dress attire.

Nah, I'm the home brewer, not him. I don't think he asked anyone's advice, and as far as I know, he hasn't ever been a best man or anything. He wore a kilt, btw, with a dress jacket etc, which surprised me. I expected the kilt, but not the full dress attire.

I'm so screwed. LOL, I'll just keep it traditional. I want to brew something for my groomsmen, but let's start a difference topic for that.

I have vacation OCD so I enjoy going on cruises from time to time even though I'm not an old fart. My wife has a collection of brides made dresses so I just bought a tux. Now when we decide to go on a cruise she can pull out an old dress and I can toss on my tux and we got formal nights covered.

Otherwise as Ash said, it's a trick, get an axe.

I'm so screwed. LOL, I'll just keep it traditional. I want to brew something for my groomsmen, but let's start a difference topic for that.

Ok, ok. What is her dress like? Colour, style etc?
Ditto bridesmaids?
What is your wedding venue?
Are there other decorations? What are they like?
How many groomsmen have you got?
Do you have any traditional forms of dress you might want to incorporate?
How traditional is the wedding going to be in general?

C'mon, gimme what you got!

You could always brew the beer for the reception. That's what I did, though ours was only like 100 people :drunk:

Ours was like 150 out of 175 possible,something on that order. So you'd need something like 6 five gallon batches bottled or kegged to get a couple each.

I wore my high school graduation/interview/getting married/buried suit (Yes I've had the same suit since high school, it's not like they go bad). I did take it to the dry cleaners though because I'm fancy like that.

Jock strap & a light coat of oil! oh wait, that's what I'm wearing.

Venue is key, but do it way early so she can approve or you can go back many times if necessary. Custom brew for the groomsmen is a great idea. Maybe one for the father of the bride, never hurts to get in good.

7-8 groomsmen, 300 guests.

Every single one of my groomsmen is that guy that everyone says, "how did that crazy bastard end up being a successful professional? He was a bat **** insane crazy party animal"

It's like everyone that knew us (including me) is going to the wedding thinking,"what are they going to do this time"

We never did Anything to impress, we just had fun and didn't give a f what people thought.

7-8 groomsmen, 300 guests.

Every single one of my groomsmen is that guy that everyone says, "how did that crazy bastard end up being a successful professional? He was a bat **** insane crazy party animal"

It's like everyone that knew us (including me) is going to the wedding thinking,"what are they going to do this time"

We never did Anything to impress, we just had fun and didn't give a f what people thought.

Ok, so, is it a traditional ceremony and venue? Is your wife to be one of the people who will be expecting something a little bit special/unusual from you? Do you have a colour scheme?

I might not be a good one to ask. I love what I picked out, but most people don't.

IMG_03222.jpg

Ok, so, is it a traditional ceremony and venue? Is your wife to be one of the people who will be expecting something a little bit special/unusual from you? Do you have a colour scheme?

My wife kinda likes it when I behave. So, I'm going to be at my best, but I'm easily convinced of doing things I enjoy.

Traditional catholic wedding.

Back