I'm so sorry I'm doing this...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shedbrewery

Reaction score
I know this has nothing to do with making beer or wine, but it has to do with home brewing and yeast.

Can drinking batches that taste very yeasty and not fully fermented cause candidiasis infection?

I'll suggest no. Beer is good for everyone/everything.
But what the he// do I know, I just posted a thread titled "HEEELLLLLLPPPPP!"

Shed,
I think the real problem is that your beer tastes yeasty. Are you brewing from cans? When I used to brew from canned kits the beer always tasted like yeast. Truly crappy. Do yourself a favour and do some extract brewing. It really improves your product and then you won't worry about health problems because all your friend will be saying: Damn! You brewed that?!?!? And then you'll convert a fridge into a kegerator and then you'll have trouble telling who your real friends are.

Yeast is very nutritious for you. My wife sprinkles nutritional yeast on her food and I tell her I prefer my yeast in liquid form, in my homebrew. :mug: Better question is why are you drinking yeasty beer that is not fully fermented? Patience is the key to great beer, just wait longer for the fermentation to end and the yeast to drop out. A week in the fridge does wonders for getting yeast to drop.

Candidiasis is an infection with a completely different species of yeast. Heck, different genus, even; you gotta get up to the family level before they're even in the same grouping of fungi.

Now, if you do find yourself feeling drunk after your morning bagel, you might be infected with Saccharomyces cerevisiae (more humbly known as Brewer's Yeast), as per http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/20...rome-apparently-you-can-make-beer-in-your-gut

Edit: if your doctor tells you otherwise, it'd be like saying "yes, you've been mauled by a mammal. You just said you spend a lot of time with mice; that's definitely the cause of that dog bite on your leg."

Unlikely. Yeast are surprisingly not hardy when it comes to taking its place in the great biosphere. They usually only get a foothold when there is something else going on - immunosuppression, taking long-term antibiotics, etc.

Also, as someone pointed out, wrong species of yeast. The chances you're going to get infected by it from a homebrew? Almost nil.

Do you have thrush? No that's not from beer. That is most likely from the hospital. But drinking young yeasty beer can give you the runs.

Latest posts

Back