I'm in the money!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nukebrewer

Brew the brew!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I got a letter a couple months ago about a class action lawsuit, which I was a part of, brought against Bank of America. I didn't do anything about it since I figure anything I might get back would be miniscule at best. Today I received a "check" from the settlement adminstrator and looks a little sketchy. The $6.01 I believe, but the back of the "check" worries me especially. There's no lines for endorsing the check so it kind of makes me feel like someone is trying to commit check fraud. Anyone have any experience with class action suits and the forms of payment they receive?

Untitled by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

Untitled by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

The check should have the administrator's name on it. And they normaly E-mail you to let you know what's going on. I'm going through all that with my cousin's estate. i got names,numbers,E-mails,etc. check on it first. some group in eastern Europe tried to get me once. I found out the nitty-gritty from the Cleveland FBI office.

Awesome, I scored a check for like ten cents, from the same class action lawsuit, but it was better than a year ago. Take it to the B of A.

Thanks for the input, y'all. I'm doing some investigatory work right now and so far it seems legit, but the back of the check still worries me. It doesn't look like the back of a check should look like. I think I'm going to take it to my bank tomorrow and see if they'll deposit it. If they do, cool, if they don't I'm not going to be sad I missed out on six bucks. Not sure why I'm going to through all this for six bucks in the first place. I suppose my mindset is that six bucks can buy a bomber of beer, so it's worth the trouble. :drunk:

I don't know for sure, but every notice of my potential involvement in a class action lawsuit required me to "sign on" to the lawsuit prior to getting anything.

As an active trader on the stock market I used to get a few per year.

I think you're right to approach this with caution.

Latest posts

Back