Pittsburgh/Western Group Buy #8

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
butcherBoy,
i still have lots of base grains. so i can give up one of my full sacks if you need to get one. let me know and i'll remove one of mine.

Well that would be great, if it becomes necessary. Last post from BrewGuyver said something about 66 sacks max? That's where I got confused on the sack/pallet count. I'll be waiting to see how it all works out.

Well that would be great, if it becomes necessary. Last post from BrewGuyver said something about 66 sacks max? That's where I got confused on the sack/pallet count. I'll be waiting to see how it all works out.

He said "24 or 66", meaning we need to add 24 to fill 2 pallets, or 66 to fill 3 pallets since at the time the total was 60.

60+24=84 (2 pallets)
60+66=126 (3 pallets)

When will we know who's items makes the cut if there isn't enough for two pallets???

Sent from my SGP311 using Home Brew mobile app

So @ 42 sacks/ pallet, we're 18 sacks short of filling the second pallet.

I could probably add 4 more full sacks, but I'm not going to bother unless the sheet becomes more active and we're getting close to filling the pallet.

When will we know who's items makes the cut if there isn't enough for two pallets???

Sent from my SGP311 using Home Brew mobile app

Worst case, i have a snapshot of the first pallet, so I can fill with that assuming we don't get any more orders. If we've got 10-12 left then I'll purchase them and sell day of or hold for next buy.

Most likely i'll pick up continental malts, since those tend to be much more expensive at the store.

@ Butcherboy - If you want to throw in a couple, now would be the time to do it.

It looks like the spreadsheet is getting a little scrambled.

When you add your HBT name to the sheet, you should be adding it on Row 1, not Row 16. There are formulas that will copy the name from Row 1 to the other rows.

There are a few columns on the sheet that need to be touched to fix this and columns T & U need to be fixed because there are 2 different names in column U.

I'd rather people review their own orders and make changes than doing it myself. The last thing I want to do is mess up somebody else's order.

I just checked my entry, it looks good to me. I completed a wheat split, and I'm in for 2 sacks of CM PALE as well, that puts us at 69 on the sheet. If it comes down to it I might be able to add 1 more sack, but storage space is filling up fast here. Just bought the wife an upright freezer, that means the old 9CF chest freezer is mine! So got to make room in the brew haus for that, ahhh a keezer at last. BTW Lowes has a 20CF upright manual defrost freezer for $449, great deal.

So I hope I'm not too late to this party. This is my first bulk grain buy so forgive me if I don't know the rules. I saw that there was a split sack 1/2 full for Crystal 40. Am I able to just jump into that as well for a 1/4 lb? I don't know the 2 guys currently involved in the split but I am sure I can PM them here to arrange things. In addition to that I snagged a bag of maris otter and a bag of 2-row.

So I hope I'm not too late to this party. This is my first bulk grain buy so forgive me if I don't know the rules. I saw that there was a split sack 1/2 full for Crystal 40. Am I able to just jump into that as well for a 1/4 lb? I don't know the 2 guys currently involved in the split but I am sure I can PM them here to arrange things. In addition to that I snagged a bag of maris otter and a bag of 2-row.

Yes, you can just get in on the Crystal 40 split. No need to contact anyone, just make your quantity selection on that split. If the split does not get up to a full sack, it is usually left off the order. If it does fill up, it will be ordered and split for pickup.

I see it is currently at .75, so hopefully it will get to a full sack by the end of the buy.

Someone buy that other half of a Great Western 2 row bag for me!
:)

A coworker had submitted his information to get access to the sheet last week but hasn't heard back so I added his order to the sheet myself. (HBT name is Bigluth) I hope this is OK.

His order brings us to 81 sacks.

All - we're full - i closed out the sheet and will try to get invoices out in the next few days. I've got a long international flight tomorrow, but might have to dedicate it to real work.

@ Fredtheseal - no problem, i'll catch up with you on value.

Happy Travels Brewguyver! Where you going?

Dang, Just got back from a trip.

Any estimate on next order?

Just got home from 2 weeks of meetings in Singapore and London. Trip was great, but exhausting. This week is focused on crunching all the data (and getting acclimated to eastern time).

If you didn't bring me back beer, it didn't happen.

Just got home from 2 weeks of meetings in Singapore and London. Trip was great, but exhausting. This week is focused on crunching all the data (and getting acclimated to eastern time).

Had I known you were going that far, I'd have asked you to go a couple thousand more miles and swing by New Zealand to pick me up a pound of nelson sauvin.

When are invoices being sent and for planning purposes when are we looking at pickup? 19th APRIL??

If any help is needed getting invoice out, etc let me know. I'd like to get this group buy moving as my summer weekend and work schedule is filling up and I have a three plus hour drive to Pittsburgh.

OK - Invoices are done and will go out tomorrow AM, along with the on hand hops list for "lbs of hops that need a home."

Please check your orders as soon as possible after you get it, and let me know if there are any issues. I plan on doing the extra asks (including hops needing a home) separate from the invoices, but it would be great if they can be rolled into one payment (to avoid excess paypal fees, etc.

PAID.

Thanks Kyle.

Any idea when we are shooting for pick up?

Have about 1/2 the payments in already - will put order in tomorrow AM. I should have a few beers to bring as well - nothing special, just a basic belgian recipe with cal ale yeast - but tasty.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!

Any idea on the next group buy date?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

TBD as of now - may have to recruit some organizational help for the next one.

Speaking of ... did you guys ever get settled on a location and start the brewery build? Would be cool to do a buy/pickup at your place.

Paid.

Depending on when we meet, I might have some out of town stuff to bring...3 Floyds, jester king, jolly pumpkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back