I'm brewing! I'm brewing!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer_Bob

Reaction score
After a long time of talking and researching I am FINALLY brewing my first batch of beer! It is a Stone Pale Ale clone. I'm standing here steeping my grains at the moment and it ALREADY smells great.

Save the steeped grains and bake breads with it. Tastes great. Good luck and congrats!

FINISHED! Well, with the brewing part anyway. Not counting cleaning time, and I was meticulous about it, it took 3 1/2 hours from first putting the kettle on the stove to putting the top on my fermenter. I hit my initial specific gravity spot on and I tasted the sample I took and am very pleased with the flavor.

The one area that needs the most fine tuning is my cool down technique. I had a wort chiller and a pre-chiller but my pot is pretty wide and the wort only made contact with about 1/4 of the chiller. Not very efficient. It took 28 minutes to reach 80F.

Was it Austin or Brewmasters that made you right in the embassy? Or am I thinking of someone elsE?

The one area that needs the most fine tuning is my cool down technique. I had a wort chiller and a pre-chiller but my pot is pretty wide and the wort only made contact with about 1/4 of the chiller. Not very efficient. It took 28 minutes to reach 80F.

Did you stir it around while it was cooling? This speeds things up a lot.

Back