I'm Awesome...?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oneawesomeguy

Reaction score
Hey home brewers!

I'm Christopher and just about to finish brewing my first batch. This forum has given me a lot of information during this past month so I decided to finally join. (Thanks by the way!)

My first batch was a partial mash using 6 lb. Gold liquid malt extract and 8 oz. Carapils specialty grains. It turned out about 4 gallons since I did not use enough water.

I bought a kit with a secondary 'fermenter' and bottling bucket. I wish I knew that secondary is not really necessary when I bought the kit. Midwest Supplies--where I bought the kit--made it seem like my beer would taste like sh--... poop without it.

I am really excited about home brewing and have already read most of the popular threads on this forum, How To Brew many times, and watched about ten different videos on home brewing I found online. It sure does take a long time to make beer... :)

I am almost ready to try brewing all-grain using my bottling bucket with some insulation around it to keep in the heat. Or maybe I'll try a few more extract brews before taking the next step.

Nice to meet you!

Welcome! Hope that first batch turns out well.
The first time you go to make a high gravity beer you'll be glad you've got the secondary fermenter.

Welcome!

Dont' worry about the secondary. If you do big beers or dry hop, you will use it. Plus, you can also use it as primary when your other one is full and you just HAVE to brew!

or make some apfelwein or mead in it.

Bah on waiting, get a cooler and make the jump:) It's not hard. Welcome to HBT, where we make it seem like the most extravagant equipment is merely what everyone needs:) Better hide that wallet!

Back