I'm all about that Dank!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So here is what I came up with. I call it The Chronic Express. It came out very citrus and herbal in the nose. Citrusy apple taste followed by a pungent Dank aftertaste. That special b gives it a nice little toasty flavor as well.
IMG_4271.jpg

So here is what I came up with. I call it The Chronic Express. It came out very citrus and herbal in the nose. Citrusy apple taste followed by a pungent Dank aftertaste. That special b gives it a nice little toasty flavor as well. View attachment 551342
Anything you'd do different? I'm brewing my first "dank" focused beer here in a few wks. Cheers!

Haha, yeah ISU COD alum here. When I read your screen name thought I had to poke. You know, it may be a Hawkeye state, buts it's a Cyclone nation outside those Iowa boarders ;)
Cheers buddy.

In my tasting experience Idaho 7 and Strata are the dankest. Nelson as well, but it imparts kind of a dry wine flavor as well.

The Sweetwater g13 beer has terpenes in it so maybe you could go that route. Get some cannabis terps and add them in the whirlpool. That'll get it nice and dank.

The Sweetwater g13 beer has terpenes in it so maybe you could go that route. Get some cannabis terps and add them in the whirlpool. That'll get it nice and dank.
I love a piney/resiney beer to change it up from the fruitier hopped ones but I couldn't decide if I liked that Sweetwater beer. At first I thought it was good but the more I drank it just became a bit much. SO DANK

Feed your dog a 1/2lb of Sorachi Ace and 1/4lb of Chinook then follow him around with your hop filter. No need to sanitize if you're adding to the boil.

This made me laugh but then I remembered that people might not know this: hops are a poison to dogs and can cause extreme illness or even death due to hyperthermia or overheating.

I love a piney/resiney beer to change it up from the fruitier hopped ones but I couldn't decide if I liked that Sweetwater beer. At first I thought it was good but the more I drank it just became a bit much. SO DANK
Haha, yea I know what you mean. That first twist of the cap smells just a big nug but it does get overwhelming over a whole beer. I never got into the juicy beers so I've stayed with chinook, simcoe, apollo, etc... I just used some crystal hop hash in the whirlpool of an IPA. They smelled awesome so I'm hoping it turns out.

Back