Im about to buy 2, anyone see anything I'm not.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oops. too late but I nothing but good things to say about Auber. I have them for the year and the PID is fantastic.

cgondoli1 said:
i would go with auber but this comes with a 40A ssr and free shipping.

Another point, there is a lot of HBT users that use Auber. So most of the set up and trouble shooting questions can be easily answered here.

I have two other pid's on my propane fired single tier so i don't think ill have any trouble installing or setting these up. I was just wondering if i was missing anything as far as what it can or can't do. It can be run in manual mode and has ssr output. so whats the deal, are you guys auber reps or something?

Nope. Just trying to keep fellow HBT members from getting shafted; I use the Auberins stuff and am very hahppy with it. Where you at in Rochester? I'm in Charlotte.

No sweat, just can't give feedback on something I haven't used. Perhaps if you grab these you can give the rest of us some feedback as to the quality of the items in question?

I will do that if i get them. Its time for me to get some sleep, Big ride to syracuse tomorrow morning to pick up 300 pounds of grain and a few pounds of hops. Gnight all.

I just ran across these just now, googled it and came upon this thread. Looks to be on other sites as well, I'm interested plus it seems they are shipping from here in the US. Being that it is shipped from the US, free shipping and a 40A ssr is a plus.

Regarding the sensor it says it handles: Thermo Resistor: PT100, Cu50; Thermocouple: J,S,K,E,Wre3 ~ Wre25

which I believe pt100 is RTD.

The company (mypin) is pretty close to Hong Kong seems like a better candidate than the others RkC and Sestos put together. You can see the data sheet here: http://www.mypinchina.com/uploadfiles/2011615104316698.pdf.

I'm putting this on my watch list I may pull the trigger on one to give it a go once I see how the finances are for the month.

Back