Ignorant Drinkers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mblakely said:
The frustrating part is when I sugest and offer a sample of one of our beers. I have had the guest turn their nose up at my offer and tell me that "craft beer sucks".
Turning down free beer. That guy obviously has issues and isn't worth a moment frustration.

mblakely said:
I would love to share that passion, but I will not push it on someone who does not want to listen. But trust the person who is serving you, and listen to their sugestions. Most of us find great new beers by listening to the advice of the local beer store clerk.

Would I listen to my bartender? Depends on the bar. "What's good here?" will sometimes get you a Corona or a Heinie... or an MGD... or whatever you got for a discount from the distributor because nobody's buying it.

That Miller product with the lime? Yeah... are you telling me there aren't a few thousand bartenders in each major city trying to push that stuff on people right now because they got a deal from their distributor?

Trust my bartender? Give me a REASON to trust you. If I'm a craft beer drinker and you offer me a craft beer, I may take your advice, but I have had bartenders also suggest things that are just flat out bad. When I walk in, your #1 job is to sell beer. If that means making a friend and getting me to trust your judgment, then you will do that. If it means pushing a crappy product, then you will do that. That is your job.

It's great when you have a bartender you can trust, but if I'm already skeptical of you, it's gonna get worse when you try to make helpful "suggestions". Especially if I'm retarded enough to say something like "craft beer sucks".

Damn Squirrels said:
That Miller product with the lime? Yeah... are you telling me there aren't a few thousand bartenders in each major city trying to push that stuff on people right now because they got a deal from their distributor?.

Miller 'Chalada Style'...what a joke.

I'd rather have a Corona with a Mexican lime shoved in it any day than that crap!

Isn't it....Man Law: Never fruit your beer...?

The lime is supposed to hide off flavors, not add exciting new ones. 'Chalada' will die. Quickly. Funny how the Modella comes in brown glass...:D

Henry Hill said:
Miller 'Chalada Style'...what a joke.

I'd rather have a Corona with a Mexican lime shoved in it any day than that crap!

Isn't it....Man Law: Never fruit your beer...?

The lime is supposed to hide off flavors, not add exciting new ones. 'Chalada' will die. Quickly. Funny how the Modella comes in brown glass...:D

Here is the real deal.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelada
Under the right circumstances, it can be outstanding.

Being in college, I drink a lot of crap beer. That being said, all of my friends are very open to the beer I make. I put beer into 2 categories: party beer and good beer. If I'm partying or broke, I pretty much have to drink the obigatory bud or even busch light...:eek: It is a very rare occasion when someone springs for a keg of a decent commercial brew. I usually pre-game with a few of my brews or something good I've bought. Everything else literally goes down like water.

Like I said, I'm very fortunate that all of my friends really enjoy most of the stuff I brew. I dont readily hand it out though...cause they didn't pay for it:D .

In response to people trying beer, or not liking certain craft beers - I just dont understand this. I love beer. Plain and simple. I've never come across a beer I just couldn't finish. There are certain beers or styles I dont really care for...but I just stay away from them.

Back