Igloo Portable Keg Picnic Tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wduncan1983

Reaction score
I'm going on a trip to the mountains this weekend and have an IPA I'm bringing with me. I'm worried about the picnic tap producing foam since all I'll have is the keg being chilled. I'm using an igloo cooler to keep the keg chilled but the picnic tap and line will be exposed. I'm using roughly 10ft of draft line @ 12psi.

Any suggestions on how to keep the foaming down or should I be okay?

IMG_1591.jpg

I haven't tried it, but I've heard some people use 2 mixer inserts (in the dip tube) with success. I was planning on ordering some soon. I have the part numbers written down somewhere if you are interested.

Found it, another user posted this info, if I find the link, I'll post it. McMaster.com, part # 74695A58 Bayonet Mixer Nozzle, 5.3" L, 1/4" Blunt Tip $1.38 each. Hope this helps.

You should be golden at 10 feet though, perhaps you can keep the line on ice

I've never heard of the bayonet mixer nozzle. Ill have to look into that for future trips. I'm probably just going to get an extra bag of ice and and wrap the line around it. Have about 10 guys on a corny so it should take long to kick it. Thank you for the info!

Back