Igloo MIS1530 Not Cold Enough

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

enoble1691

Reaction score
I got a good deal on this Igloo Beverage Center MIS1530. It looks great and fits two corny kegs for my setup.

Only Problem is that it doesn't get below 40F.

It has a electronic thermostat so I cannot adjust it like a normal mechanical one. I was hoping anyone had any knowledge of the fridge to help me get it down closer to 34-35F.

Wife will be pissed if I cannot get this thing right. She likes her beer cold and so do I!

Thanks for the suggestions.

Sounds like you might have to bypass that "good deal" thermostat, and install a temp controller.............:)

Unless you can figure a way to keep the temp sensor about 6-8 degrees warmer all the time.............

Sounds like you might have to bypass that "good deal" thermostat, and install a temp controller.............:)

Unless you can figure a way to keep the temp sensor about 6-8 degrees warmer all the time.............

How can I bypass the thermostat and install a temp controller??

I was just going to find the pos/neg from the power cord and basically trick the compressor into being on all the time.

Then I was going to wire my stc to a project box outlet and plug the fridge in. Then it will go to town regulating it.

The front display and the light will not work, but that doesn't matter to me.

Can you give me the internal dimentions of the unit? I would like to put wire racks that are 18" deep, so that I can refill new bottles from the top and have older ones out the bottom.

Latest posts

Back