Igloo 10 Gallon Mash Tun from Midwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help with the tubing since I don't know what you want to attach it to.

Here's a mash tun you can build in 10 minutes...www.dennybrew.com

OK, that mash tun is on its way...is probably sitting on my porch...I am not looking for alternatives. I'm asking if anyone with knowledge of that spigot knows the diameter of the spigot so that I can get tubing to empty the tun into the kettle.

From the single crappy pic on their site it looks like a 3/8" barb, but you won't know for sure until you unpack it.

OK, that mash tun is on its way...is probably sitting on my porch...I am not looking for alternatives. I'm asking if anyone with knowledge of that spigot knows the diameter of the spigot so that I can get tubing to empty the tun into the kettle.

I understood that you bought one and don't need to build it. My only point was that it's fast, cheap and easy to build one.

And I agree with the other guys that it's likely 3/8" ID tubing.

For background as to why I want to buy this on the way home, before I see the tun, is that I will be alone at home with 2 young kids from 6:00pm tonight until Sunday night. I want to brew tomorrow and really do not want to drag these kids out to do brewing supply shopping tomorrow. I'll run the risk on buying the wrong size tube (that I can use for something else) to give myself a chance at avoiding that nightmare tomorrow.

Sorry... Mine wasn't $150, so guess I get 3/8 for that.

Haha... It's a $60 upgrade for 1/2". I have some 1/2" tube but it's old and moldy. Don't think I'll risk it (even pre-boil). Looks like a kid trip to the hardware store in the morning.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Back