if you could only have 2 recipes on tap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkov

Reaction score
just for fun, if you could only have 2 recipes on tap in your kegerator, which 2 would you choose?

I might narrow it down to a Rye and an IPA, but not the specific recipes within those styles.

Have to do a lot of sampling first. :drunk:

I have three brews I keep up all the time, my Dortmunder, my black lager and my hobgoblin clone. I mix in an IPA and some others as I feel like it but I always have a keg of the big three on hand

This is like asking, "If you were stranded on a desert island, what music would you have?" To which I reply, "Whatever's playing at The Royal Opera House in Londons so I can wander in from the pub across the road whenever I feel the urge."

:D

Seriously, if you were to nail my foot to the deck, give me English Bitter and Mild.

Preferably pulled from a handpump by a pretty, flirty girl at someplace called The Dog and Duck in a village called something like Bishop's Chiddingstone. With an elderly bloke in the corner wearing tweed and wellies reading The Times.

I've decided that the pub in my basement - I will get round to building it, honest I will - will be called The Dog and Duck, panelled with wainscoting all the way to the pressed-tin ceiling broken here and there with Victorian snugs. Wood and brass, my friends, wood and brass. And Angram beer engines. :D

Bob

Fat Squirrel Clone, and Ed's Kolsch.

Cuz Ed's Kolsch is versatile. You can add stuff to it-honey, ginger, peppers, fruit, whatever, to have different stuff, yet still be following the rules of this thread.:mug:

I started a thread similar to this over a year ago. I didn't look back to see what I had said then, but if I had to make a choice now I think the two beers I would have would be.

Dude's Lake Walk Pale Ale

A Decheutes Jubelale Clone

Seriously though, only having two beers to chose from would blow goats.

Kona Fire Rock Pale Ale
Kona_Pour1.jpg

My version of the 10der & Mild, English Mild.
10Der_3.jpg

But thank God it won't come down to that:
Sample1.jpg

that's easy!

SMaSH APA:

10 lbs Vienna Malt
0.75 oz Northern Brewer (8.8% AA) @ 60 min
0.75 oz Northern Brewer (8.8% AA) @ 20 min
0.75 oz Northern Brewer (8.8% AA) @ 5 min
Nottingham Yeast

and Dunkelweizen:

6 lbs Wheat Malt
4 lbs Munich Malt
0.25 lbs Chocolate Malt
WLP380 - Hefeweizen IV Yeast

surprised to see so few belgians.

for me it'd be a golden strong and an ipa. sorry stout.

Back