If you could only buy one brand of beer, what would it be?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Consider.....How many states do they currently distribute to?

It's true. They really do have an awesome lineup. I think it's great that they don't distribute. I don't live in Wisconsin either, but I get New Glarus whenever I get the chance.

Hell, west cost.....It doesn't step foot out of Cheesehead-land, I mean Wisconsin.

Yeah, Too bad for us because I've heard great thing about the line-up. That's what I was hinting to 'Beersk' who was surprised by lack of New Glarus posts. Single state Beers with mid population aren't going to get the lions share of posts no matter how great they are.
I think you guys should prove how great New Glarus really is and mail me some. :cross:

Yeah, Too bad for us because I've heard great thing about the line-up. That's what I was hinting to 'Beersk' who was surprised by lack of New Glarus posts. Single state Beers with mid population aren't going to get the lions share of posts no matter how great they are.
I think you guys should prove how great New Glarus really is and mail me some. :cross:

I hear ya, It's funny because you can buy it at more or less any decently stocked store in wisconsin the instand you cross the border.

I like to take the long way to Rockford and swing through and get some

I think you read wrong. I am NOT saying people should move on because people like it. Im saying I dont know why some people treat craft beer like a music/art SEEN. I love trying new beers. This thread is IF YOU HAD TO CHOOSE 1 BRAND. I was commenting on post ive read here and other sites of people dogging on someone because they drink a beer that is popular now. Doesnt mean it doesnt exist because "you" havent met them.

Yep, never met a fellow in the brewing community nor read a post on this forum of one person naging someone else for drinking "popular" craft beer.
I guess its not the beer your drinking but the people your hanging out with.

Also never heard any mention to this craft beer art/music SCENE**...
Its unfortunate that we have to put "labels" on such, putting tags on "beer hipsters" "brewing hippies" or "alcoholics" for one....

Russian River - They've got the hoppy beers I like and the Belgian styles I love. But if it were only one beer it would have to be SN Celebration.

I thought I'd see more people choosing Avery. Maharaja is one of my favorite beers ever. I think I'd have to pick Avery based off of that alone.

Definitely +1 for Avery. Between the consistently high quality and the range of their beers from light and refreshing (White Rascal and Joe) to complex and robust (Dictator and Demon series') they get my vote, hands down. Close 2nd would be either Great Divide or Dry Dock.

schlafly3color-200x200.png

I keep going between Sierra Nevada, Abita, and Schlafly is moving into that category. If I could only buy one brand I want a good combination of selection, quality, and price. I think Sierra Nevada would win but I sure am glad I don't have to choose.

Miller.

Why? Because I can make anything else myself. But I can't make a 4% light lager that's in cans for any tailgate and on tap at every sporting event. I like craft beer as much as anyone, but I've reached the point where I can't have more than one 5%+ beer without getting really tired and I usually won't sleep very well.

If I'm having a beer to pair with a meal, of course I want good beer. But I've got plenty of that in my basement and, without that, have tons of wine as well. But at a social event ... I want Miller Lite. Honestly, I enjoy it now more than I did before I started home brewing.

I took a friend to an NBA game last year and got floor seats. He bought the beer and we had Smithwicks and Prohibition Lager, and I really kind of missed having a Lite. It just tastes like sports to me.

Miller.

Why? Because I can make anything else myself. But I can't make a 4% light lager that's in cans for any tailgate and on tap at every sporting event. I like craft beer as much as anyone, but I've reached the point where I can't have more than one 5%+ beer without getting really tired and I usually won't sleep very well.

If I'm having a beer to pair with a meal, of course I want good beer. But I've got plenty of that in my basement and, without that, have tons of wine as well. But at a social event ... I want Miller Lite. Honestly, I enjoy it now more than I did before I started home brewing.

I took a friend to an NBA game last year and got floor seats. He bought the beer and we had Smithwicks and Prohibition Lager, and I really kind of missed having a Lite. It just tastes like sports to me.

blasphemer!!!!! seize him!!!! seize him..just kidding..i hear ya..it does taste like sports

I'd love to sit here and say R. River or Jolly Pumpkin or Stone but if you have to pull teeth to get it anywhere where you live, it kinda doesn't count. That being said, I pick

Great Lakes

they brew great examples of the styles and its always a pleasure to pick one.

Back