If this is how 2008 is going to be I'm taking the year off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2nd Street Brewery

Reaction score
Well my best buddy and faithful companion Bambino is going to be leaving me soon:( if I can ever get to the vet's that is. Had to take my dog into the vet this week because he had been pee'g blood and having control problems. Turns out he was totally blocked back up to his bladder. Left him in last night so they could cathaderize him and try to drain it but this morning the vet said xrays show what look like 2 tumors in the bladder:( :( Long story short we made a quality of life decision for him(he's almost 14 yrs old) I get ready to leave work and my left rear tire on my truck is flat:mad: picked up a nail on the way to work this AM. So now I'm sitting here waiting for a call from the garage around the corner that the tire is replaced so I can drive to the vet to say good bye to my buddy. Talk about a real ****ty day. Think I'm going to indulge heavily tonight.

Wow. That does suck. So sorry about your buddy...it's hard to have to make those decisions, but you're doing the best thing for him. Be extra nice to yourself and take care.

Sorry to hear about all of that, bro. Not an easy decision that you had to make, certainly not... but sounds like you did what was best.

Have a drink, and remember, it can only get better from here!

Wow, I am very sorry to hear you are losing your pal. I think some people dont quite understand how attached we get to our pups. I''ll drink one to you and your pup tonight.

I'm sorry man. I know how it is getting attached to a dog. I'd take a bullet for my dog before I would for most people. Have a few drinks and remember that at least he won't be suffering.

I'm sure this sucks....our almost 15 year old pup is slowly going too

Oh, I'm so sorry. We just lost our 14 year old dog in October (we made the decision that it was time). We're still not over it. I guess there is a small comfort in knowing that they have been a faithful companion over the years, and you can end the suffering and hold them and say goodbye.

And then the flat tire on top of it. That really sucks. Have a few tonight- I assume you don't have to work tomorrow? Sometimes a few beers really does help.

I'm so very sorry to hear that. Have a few or more than a few. It might sound stupid or corny but time heals all wounds, but leaves us the scars so we remember.
My thoughts are with you.

Well Bambino is free from pain now. I'm going to miss that idiot:) The vet conformed the tumors in his bladder so that made the decision a little easier. Take away my man card if you want but I was blubbering like a baby when I said good bye.:( :(

Dogs are great, they ask for so little but give you everything, love, devotion, trust.:mug: I hope I lived up to my end pal. I'll miss you.

BigDog2.JPG

Bambino
6/94--1/08

That suck man. Sorry to hear you lost your friend. Sounds like you made the right decision. Here's to Bambino.:mug:

Losing your dog is one thing even the most manly man can cry about. I thought I was going to lose Cougar a few months back, but he recovered in all his weirdness.

2nd Street Brewery said:
Take away my man card if you want but I was blubbering like a baby when I said good bye.:( :(
No way...you're more of a man for owning up to the pain of losing your friend. And for that matter, for making the difficult decision to spare him an agonizing death from illness. You definitely held up your end.

Anyhow, I'm sorry for your loss.

To those of you that have lost pets;

The world needs people like you.

As soon as you are able, please continue to provide a pet with a good home.

I'll think about Bambino when I am greeted by my dog today!

What a beautiful dog! Animals leave a void in our hearts as big as any loved human friend could, don't they? You did the right thing for him. I'm tipping my glass to Bambino as we speak.

Melana said:
Your last post made me tear up. I'm so sorry.

+1

Mine is laying on the floor right beside me as I type this, he will be 4 next week. After my last dog passed I didnt think I was going to get another one because I diddnt want to have to go thru that again. But as you can see this one will be 4 next week, Hopefully I wont have to worry for another 10 years or so.
I will make sure to have several in Bambino's memory this weekend.
Very sorry for your loss.

Ain't it ironic that the older they get...the better friends they become. Something in those eyes as they gain in years that says "I understand you".

I'll pour a splash out on the ground tonight in honor of Bambino.

Here's to mans-best-friend.

I'm sorry to hear about your dog. When I lost my dog of 14 years, I have never cried so much in my life.

It's hard to lose a friend and faithful companion. I'll drink in his honor.

I'm so very sorry 2nd Street. :( He was a beautiful boy. Always remember those great days with him.

This glass is for your friend, always the truest of friends. :eek:

Ize

Melana said:
Your last post made me tear up. I'm so sorry.

+2
I'll tip one in your honor - maybe even my puppy (<<<<<<<<now 3 years old) will get a few laps in. It's something I certainly do not look forward to. For all the crap she does that pisses me off sometimes (chewing things) I know I'll "lose my mancard" when she falls ill.

Thanks everyone, he was the best. He was always there at the door when I came home, always happy to see me even when I wasn't happy to see him. He gave me more than I deserved from him and for that I thank him. I will miss him. I don't know how long I will wait to get another dog but it will be a bit, maybe this summer for my grandson's birthday. Sunday looks like a decent day so I'm planning on brewing. It will help take my mind off of today.

I hate threads like this, because they always make me teary eyed.
Mine is laying next to me now and I had to look down at her and tell her she was a good girl and that I loved her. Now she thinks I want to play.

Sorry to hear about losing the idiot.
I have a ******* at home now that is my best friend. I would hate the day I have to make a decision like you had to.

Keep your chin up and remember the good times.

2nd Street Brewery said:
Take away my man card if you want but I was blubbering like a baby when I said good bye.
Nope, I got a little teary-eyed just reading this. I won't pretend to imagine how hard today's been for you. SWMBO and I are very sorry for your loss, and I'm hoisting a beer to your best pal as I type this.

Very sorry to hear of your loss mate.

I think our animals are by far our best friends.. they love us unconditionally, they never stab us the back and we always know what to expect out of them. they treat us better than a human companion ever will.

My 3 legged (lost a leg to a blood clot nearly 4 years ago) 16 year old Border Collie / Blue heeler cross is laying at my feet tonight, just like every other night and staring up at me with her eyes of love an trust, and I feel your pain more then you can know mate. My wife and I will both be a mess on the day that she has to leave us, and I fear it won't be long from now.. So she gets extra attention, better meals and lots of extra love from us every day, because any day could be her last...

Handing in my man card for a punch as well...

2nd Street Brewery said:
Take away my man card if you want but I was blubbering like a baby when I said good bye.:( :(

No, I think you got more credit on your man card for that. When I had to put my first dog down I didn't even get to say goodbye. She was at the vet for exploratory surgery, so I was at home when the vet called and said she was on the table and so full of cancer that it would be cruel to wake her back up, and would I give him permission to put her down right then and there. I said ok, hung up the phone, sat down on the steps and cried like a two-year-old. I saved her ashes and collar, and they now reside in my gun cabinet, with the ashes inside a tin with a Terry Redlin picture on it of a man duck hunting with his dog, so she's always here with me.

I feel for you. It will get better, I promise. And eventually you will go get another puppy and do this to yourself all over again.

sorry to hear about your loss. I'll be a blubbering mess when it's Floyd's time too...

That's tough, I'll drink one tonight for the Bambino. Think of your best brew, make it better and name it after the pup !

Sorry for your loss. It was the right thing to do, though. Your post with your dog made me tear up as well. I've got my big annoying oaf of a dog laying here beside me, and even though he is a PITA sometimes, he is my best friend and I love him.

I had to put my other dog down that I grew up with a few years ago, that was tough.

All you can do is remember the good times and that Bambino is in a better place now. Have a few extra tonight, too.

Back