Ice cream pale ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBrewGoose

Reaction score
I tried an Ice Cream pale from Omnipollo and it was so good. I want to have a go at it but need some help with recipe.

That beer had oats, wheat, lactose and vanilla beans and is 5,6% and was yellow colored.

Anybody have any ideas? What hops are vanilla-y? Should i add vanilla beans at boil or fermentation etc

Hops aren't vanilla. The vanilla beans are vanilla. That's simple enough. As for the rest, sounds like you should go for a basic pale with oats and wheat added. Maybe 85% MO, 10% white wheat malt, 5% oats (maybe flip those percentages if you really like oats because they'll provide more creaminess). Backsweeten with lactose after aging on vanilla beans. I'd just use one FWH addition of something clean (Magnum), but I've never tasted this beer.

Club member made one and it was awesome...the trick is to toast your oats ...it will give you that melt ice cream mouthfeel

Back