I wish they would bring back ______

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orbitz...

orbitz-main.jpg

Candy cigarettes with the red tip
Good N Fruity
Reebok Pump
NBA basketball you wanted to watch
NFL where u can hit the quarterback
Land of the Lost TV series

When you could carry a pocket knife almost anywhere. Including work and school.

Not going thru a metal detector to get into a county building

Pre TSA airport travel

Real silverware on a airplane.

People actually dressing appropriately to go out in public. Not wearing their pajamas.

Cars that actually sound like they have a real engine under the hood.

Westerns - Last really good one was Lonesome Dove and that is just too damn long to watch in an evening.

Not the same style of Western as Lonesome Dove, but in my opinion The Proposition was the best Western since Sergio Leone. There have been some other good ones in the last decade or two, but it's true that quality Westerns are hard to come by these days.

It's less a problem of quality as it is of quantity - I would argue that there's a higher ratio of quality to quantity in Westerns now than there was in the heyday of the Western (because let's face it, of the hundreds upon hundreds of Westerns from around the 40's to the 70's, only a couple dozen are really worth revisiting, and many of them are great because they deviated from the norm, rather than exemplifying it), but there are rarely more than a couple notable Westerns released in any given calendar year these days, so the really good ones are few and far between.

That said, yes, I would love to see more good Westerns being made. A well-done Western is a wonderful thing.

Not the same style of Western as Lonesome Dove, but in my opinion The Proposition was the best Western since Sergio Leone. There have been some other good ones in the last decade or two, but it's true that quality Westerns are hard to come by these days.

It's less a problem of quality as it is of quantity - I would argue that there's a higher ratio of quality to quantity in Westerns now than there was in the heyday of the Western (because let's face it, of the hundreds upon hundreds of Westerns from around the 40's to the 70's, only a couple dozen are really worth revisiting, and many of them are great because they deviated from the norm, rather than exemplifying it), but there are rarely more than a couple notable Westerns released in any given calendar year these days, so the really good ones are few and far between.

That said, yes, I would love to see more good Westerns being made. A well-done Western is a wonderful thing.

Give me the outlaw jose wails and two mules for sister sara and make it an evening

Give me the outlaw jose wails and two mules for sister sara and make it an evening

In one of those weird beer-brewing-related posts that shows up from time to time (yeah, who knew?), I described Citra hops as basically a cheat code for citrusy IPAs. Well Clint Eastwood was the cheat code for Westerns. A Western starring Clint Eastwood is as close to a sure thing as you're gonna get in this life.

McDonalds french fries fried in whatever they used in the 60's. Who cares if it was bad for you.

People taking responsibility for their own actions.
People not telling me what is right for me.

Actually, nothing. That was then. This is now. In the future, people will long for the things that are happening right now.

Live now.

I changed jobs and moved to a small town about 2 years ago. The entire town is about the size of a large neighborhood outside a large metro area.

Kids run around this place without a care in the world. Nice to see there are still places like that in America.

My wife nicknamed it 'Pleasantville' (although the winter weather could use some tweaking here!)

Oh that new bremen smell. They use to have a hardcore drug enforcement group that hovered over that area because it was such an issue. They still have the schwin bike museum?

When i read the post about the riot it read extremely similar to the oz-fest that Ozzy didn't show up at polaris. That **** got crazy quick. After we treated to an amazing jam session with all the other bands led by phil and dimebag.

Any who,

Clearly canadian
voltron
Tool (pre lateralus)
Rage against the machine
18 year old woman that think i'm a viable option

I first clicked here thinking it was about discontinued beer - so I guess I'll say Red Hoptober.

Also - the original ninja turtles cartoons that didn't look like anime.

Someone else mentioned the candy cigarettes - those were pretty awesome (and you could enjoy them as a kid without getting any weird looks). Never ended up a cigarette smoker, but the candy ones sure were fun - especially that first puff of powder you could blow out of them!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I wish "they" (whoever that may be) would bring back quality businesses, work ethic, and people that care about the jobs they have despite the amount of money they make. They would bring back people with the ability to socialize without the use of their phone that had pride in their actions.

Oh that new bremen smell. They use to have a hardcore drug enforcement group that hovered over that area because it was such an issue. They still have the schwin bike museum?

When i read the post about the riot it read extremely similar to the oz-fest that Ozzy didn't show up at polaris. That **** got crazy quick. After we treated to an amazing jam session with all the other bands led by phil and dimebag.

Any who,

Clearly canadian
voltron
Tool (pre lateralus)
Rage against the machine
18 year old woman that think i'm a viable option

Yes, we still have the occasional odd smell, and the bike museum is still here.

Clearly Canadian was a great product. I loved those things.

Here's a couple more:

Edy's Mandarin Dark Chocolate Frozen Yogurt - best stuff ever

Metallica of yesteryear (everything after And Justice... was questionable to me, but Death Magnetic wasn't terrible)

Orange Kit Kats - can buy them all day in the UK, but in the US you have to order from Europe.

We can all help bring it back.

https://clearlycanadian.com/

I loved the stuff and I hate the artificially sweetened products currently offered.

Goosebumps. I need stuff to read to my kids and the current selection is kind of terrible.

I'd love to see a remake of the classic Wild Wild West TV series, not the BS that Will Smith starred in. Not that it was bad or anything, just not the same caliber as the original TV series.

Sid & Marty Kroft Saturday AM shows.
Kimba the White Lion :)

Back