I will be in Tucson in May - anything going on then?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KevinW

Reaction score
Hello HBT'rs. I have a two week training session in my old hometown of Tucson and was wondering if anyone had ideas for beer places?

I will be staying near Gentle Bens, I know they do the beer for Barrio's and I have only found a couple other microbreweries there(Nimbus and BJ's) any other places to check out while I am there?

I will be there the last two weeks of May, are there any brewing events happening then?

I would appreciate any feedback!

Thank you very much:mug:

I'm not sure of the Tuscon area, but if you wanted to come to Phoenix, I know of great craft breweries here.

Great beer and food here in Tucson. Take a look at these-

1702 brew

Surly wench pub

Hotel congress (great resturaunt and bar)

All thes have websites so check them out. Hope this helps..

Actually, the brewery is over at barrio. Gentle Bens gets their beer from there now. I'd definitely head to one of those brew pubs. If you end up going to Gentle Bens, get drunk there and head across the street and grab a couple slices over at no anchovies. College girls are in full force on thursdays, after class till 2am. Although some will be gone in later may.

Nimbus is worth a shot, although it has been hit or miss for a couple years now, IMO.

Thank you all for the info it is very helpful.

Unfortunately I will probably not be able to venture very far from the University area (no private transport) but I will definitely try.

We will have a pretty big group so if we all decide to go somewhere, god help city of Tucson:cross:

Thanks again

Back