I want to try a HILLSTEAD FARM beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sputnam

Reaction score
I keep hearing how great HF beer is and want to try it. I live in upstate SC so it's a bit of a drive. Can someone who lives near there make a trade with me?

hillstead farm is in Vermont. They have gained a cult-like status among beer geeks and cant really keep up with demand. Im not sure they even distribute out of the state.

They don't sell their beer outside of VT to my knowledge and its distributed very locally near the brewery due to the small batches they crank out. Best choice is to trade with someone living in or near VT or make a road trip to VT. VT is an awesome state to go and visit and not for just the great beer made there.
:mug:

hillstead farm is in Vermont. They have gained a cult-like status among beer geeks and cant really keep up with demand. Im not sure they even distribute out of the state.

He was messing with you due to the spelling :fro:

It's actually Hill Farmstead. They mainly do beers out of the brewery, but it does go out to restaurants and beers as well.

http://hillfarmstead.com/

Hill Farmstead?

They don't sell their beer outside of VT to my knowledge and its distributed very locally near the brewery due to the small batches they crank out. Best choice is to trade with someone living in or near VT or make a road trip to VT. VT is an awesome state to go and visit and not for just the great beer made there.

:mug:

Or trade with someone that goes there often. I am in GA but have probably been there 5-6 times in the past year. I can assure you there is a good stash in the North Atlanta suburbs

He was messing with you due to the spelling :fro:

It's actually Hill Farmstead. They mainly do beers out of the brewery, but it does go out to restaurants and beers as well.

http://hillfarmstead.com/

Yeah. This. If putting out an ISO, it's usually good to know what you are ISO. Listing a few specific beers you are seeking and a few you have to trade makes things easier also. Just my $.02

Philly bars recently started getting a very limited amount. For the recent Philly Beer Week there were probably 5 bars that had HF on tap. Doesn't help someone in SC very much, though.

I've planned a trip out to Vermont in September. Driving all the way out there from Chicago. Going hiking, and getting beer.

I've planned a trip out to Vermont in September. Driving all the way out there from Chicago. Going hiking, and getting beer.

A couple trips ago I met a couple from Madison, WI that drove there and back home through Canada. The girl worked at a brewery there. They seemed cool and had a car full of beer to take home. Too much driving for me though!

I agree, posting the proper name would probably be helpful. I don't see or say the name often enough and it got jumbled, my bad....but Hill farmstead doesn't roll off the tongue as easily as Hillstead Farms, perhaps they should change their name? :)

I will look into the WB coffee cake, I do get limited amounts of WB here in the upstate.

Coffee cake was only released at the brewery. I believe it sold out last week sometime

I've been to Vermont a lot and tried a lot of HF brews. They are very good, but I really don't understand the level of fanaticism they've garnered. I've had Heady as well and that actually is different enough to seek out IMO. I drink a lot of Fiddlehead IPA when I'm up there which is pretty fantastic as well.

I go to Vermont frequently since my wife's family is there, I just always get too busy to make it to any of the breweries beyond the ones in/around Burlington.

Heading to VT in a few days....finally making my pilgrimage to Hill Farmstead...or Hillstead Farms, which ever!

I believe it's Peppridge Farm. They remember. Say hello to the old guy in the hat. They do have coffee cake as well. :D

th.jpg

I've been to Vermont a lot and tried a lot of HF brews. They are very good, but I really don't understand the level of fanaticism they've garnered. I've had Heady as well and that actually is different enough to seek out IMO. I drink a lot of Fiddlehead IPA when I'm up there which is pretty fantastic as well.

Maybe because they make the best and most diverse beers in vermont. Also, their brewery is open to the public vs the other big two. Fiddlehead IPA is available at just about every place imaginable in Vermont. Not to take anything away from it, but, people want what they can't regularly have.

Back