I want some Home Brew so badly I can almost taste it.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lainatan

Reaction score
So I'm in the military and I've been deployed for 6 months. I was deployed to an area where we were not allowed to have any kind of alcohol, not even crappy domestic beer. I'm craving some good Home Brew and will be home to brew with in the next few days. My only regret is not having time enough to brew before I left so I had some waiting on me when I got home.

The main purpose of this post is to see just how many replies I can get from Home Brewers who like us Military guys....so how 'bout it?

P.S.-I do have enough grains for a batch when I get home.

-Happy Brewing
SSgt Nate Petersen
USAF Security Forces
Air Force Sniper
Home Brewer and Future Brewery Owner

Oh, And If I was anywhere near your home town I'd give you some brew to enjoy while you brew your own. Have safe trip home.

I sent a PM to Cheeto who was in your shoes not to long ago, I figure he'd be a good one to "co-miserate" with.

Hang in there Bro!
And thanks for your service. :mug:

Thank you for your service, Lainatan. You deserve many, many home brews; wish I could offer you one right now. Defensor Fortis!

Thank you for your service, bro'. Stay safe on your way home and stop by Glacier Bay Brewing Co. when you get there. Best beer I've ever had in my life was on a trip to Anchorage. That'll hold you over for a while.

Where is home? May be we could set you up with a homebrewer locally, who can help you with a source till you can brew your own. i know if you need to pass through MPLS MN I would be glad to help.

Does anyone know if we still have that "brewing for homecoming GI's" thread/thing going on? I know it was big on here for awhile....I can't even remember the name of the thread to search for it.

If I lived in Alasks bro, you would be having a Homebrew on me, have a safe trip home and thank you for all you do, I appreciate it!:rockin:

All,

I had an idea tonight. For those that cannot give our returning warriors a beverage of choice, perhaps instead we could donate towards the member's annual or lifetime fee for the site. Win win, right? No shipping, no bottling, no bad skunky beer from sitting in the non-airconditioned stupid Oklahoma Post Office for days at a time without being handled, just sitting there......... Alas, I digress.

Look at the individuals' profile, left side, halfway down, and donate a few bucks via paypal. Keeps the site running, and keeps the member coming back with added benefits. Now I just have to save up for my own membership...

Good luck on the trip home SSgt. We need more like you out there. Buddy of mine is driving 17's up north. Maybe you can tell him a few stories over a beer or two courtesy of me when you get back.

V/r,
~Wm

Back