I think I'm a craft brew drinker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azbrewboy77

Reaction score
Back story : I'm in my mid 50s & I just started drinking beer ( long story involves work ) 2 yrs ago & brewing 1 yr ago. Btw I've never had a BMC before. I could only drink the lighter craft beers & quickly was teased for being a light weight , went to a brewpub the other day & ordered a red ale that had 50 ibu's
( pretty strong for me ) no one else in my group of drinkers could handle it , I thought it was great ! Ha ! On to IPA's !!!

The first step is admitting you have a craft beer problem. Congratulations! Next you need to find a group of like-minded soles to help you learn to cope with what is likely a lifelong addiction. It's called a brewing club. Welcome to the obsession!

I am pretty much the same as Azbb, in that I have only in the last 2 years been able to actually ENJOY beer...It is a very long story(maybe if y'all want I can tell it, but it is a long convoluted tale and I am not up to typing it all out tonight)..Although, the difference in me is I HAVE had BMC beer..LOTS of it...In the past..And now I am here..Brewing my own beer..Enjoying-yes, actually enjoying beers that if offered to me 5 years ago I would decline..I was CLUELESS...Now, I am not 'all knowing', but I do know now way more then I did then and it is really refreshing! :) And did I mention that I am actually ENJOYING the beer? ;)

I think my father gave me a sip of Sierra Nevada when I was around 14. Kept me off the stuff for a good seven years.

I am gonna guess azbrewboy77 was living on a reservation. I made the mistake of getting a hotel on a reservation during a roadtrip...nothing worse than driving for 8 hours and craving a beer, only to stop and find out you're on a reservation and it is DRY!

Back