I spend too much time on HBT, sound off!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MVKTR2

Reaction score
Thinking about it as I wasted time here rather than start the process of bottling my ordinary bitter I came to a conclusion. I spend more time reading about bier than I do making it! Who else spends more time talking, reading, etc. on HBT than they do brewing?

One thing's for sure, my bier would not be nearly so good if it weren't for HBT... thanks!

Schlante,
Phillip

I on;y get on HBT, with the rare exception, while at work. So that limits me to about 8-9 hours a day of HBT time :D Can't brew here.

If I brewed as much as I spent time here, I'd make Widmer look like homebrewers.

I thought it was just me. I'm here all the time. Well, I was off a couple of days when I was sick, and I really missed it. But, then I'm a pathetic loser who is obsessed with making beer. Not like the rest of you!
Yeah, I'm a pathetic loser who's only obsessed with being a pathetic loser. With beer. :D

I thought it was just me. I'm here all the time. Well, I was off a couple of days when I was sick, and I really missed it. But, then I'm a pathetic loser who is obsessed with making beer. Not like the rest of you!
Interesting... my current problem, I mean situation is that I'm sick & pretty much useless. Wish I could say my HBT time had skyrocketed... but that'd be a lie. I'm not sure if I'm more addicted to making bier or studying it in a way that I live vicariously through other brewers. Doesn't sound so bad does it!

I could quit at anytime if i wanted to.
Pffffttttt... we all could, EASY!

I am in the midst of getting ready to move back to the Big D from the burbs so I have not brewed in a few weeks..:( so I am vicariously living through everyone else until I get all moved in. I too am on HBT all day at work and most evenings because I too am obsessed about all things beer, and life in IT land can be slow sometimes. It is either here or texts from last night. You guys are loads more fun. My new place has a gas stove so when I win the Blingman...sorry Yoop...lol I can double my efforts. IF I do not win I will just settle for a 10g Polarware

I'm here for learning English, so if I spend hours here I feel quite good.

The only problem is that I can only talk in English about beer and sex (this learned in other places).

I have a dedicated tab in my browser for HBT. My computer never gets shut down and HBT never gets closed.

My top three visited sites according to Google Toolbar are: HBT, Lolcats, and Texts from last night.

I am a sad sad very happy man.

I'm here for learning English, so if I spend hours here I feel quite good.

The only problem is that I can only talk in English about beer and sex (this learned in other places).

That should do it. What else is there?

There was a hack that kept track of how much time you spend on here and shows you on your Profile. I never installed it, I wouldn't even want to see mine.

There was a hack that kept track of how much time you spend on here and shows you on your Profile. I never installed it, I wouldn't even want to see mine.

Aw man! That is a BAD idea. A really BAD idea! I don't even want to think about how much time I fritter away on this site.

I really only get on while I am at work. When I am not at work I almost never get on, but then again aside from work I almost never get on the computer at all. Too many other things to occupy my time. I wonder if I didn't have a job that requires me to be in front of a computer so much would I even be on here anymore. Sorry, but when I am home this place almost never comes into mind.

Here's a necro for you!!! I thought about this and said to myself "Self you are on HBT a lot, but what is too much?" I'm in the perfect amount of time spent here camp. :mug:

i don't spend anytime here....just turn on the radio, and 'occasionally' the topic of making beer comes up....

i mean seriously? 12-16 hours a day is about right? should i cut back? do i need a support group to do it? 🤔 (hmmm, wonder what they're doing on the AHA forums?)

I work for a fairly large automotive parts company and I was on hbt so much at work that the administrators have blocked me from logging in on my work computer. So now I have to use my phone ... or I bring laptop to work, Haha they think they can stop me... NOPE! :mug:

Back