I put the priming sugar in the secondary fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaggieLen

Reaction score
So I am kegging for the first time (second time brewing) and I made two batches. Everything went fine until it came time to transfer them from primary to secondary. I seriously messed up. I was thinking about the last time I brewed when I put the priming sugar in the bottling bucket so I went ahead and did that. Then realized I'm kegging this batch. It's been in the bottling bucket with the priming sugar for two days because my friend told me to leave it for a week then keg. I tasted it today and took readings and it's ready. Tastes great and is already carbonated.
So should I still keg it? Would it be better to get some bottles? I'm just not sure what to do from this point

I see no reason not to keg it. In fact you could have put it into the keg with the priming sugar and allowed it to carbonate at room temp within the keg.

Back