I need Tallgrass (and so do you, if you haven't yet...)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sKafifer

Reaction score
But really, send it to me first...

I got my first taste of this Kansas specialty at the AZ Canned Beer festival here this past weekend, and after talking to the lovely people from Manhattan Kansas and tasting 3 of their outstanding brews, I want...er...need more...

So, anybody in the midwest with access, I'm looking for:

Buffalo Sweat - one of the best i tasted all day long (and i tasted many)
Velvet Rooster - incredibly smooth trippel

also interested in

Oasis
8 Bit Pale ale...

I'd like to do a four pack of the Buffalo Sweat or Oasis, and be interested in 2 cans of the other 2...

To trade, I have access to some pretty incredible local beers here in AZ

Four Peaks had an impressive showing at the 2012 World Beer Cupt
GOLD for Sunbru in Category 48: German-Style Kölsch/Köln-Style Kölsch, 46 Entries
BRONZE for 8th Street in Category 69: Ordinary or Special Bitter, 32 Entries
GOLD for Hop Knot in Category 87: American-Style Strong Pale Ale, 82 Entries

One of their other great offerings is Kiltlifter...

Another brewery from here that I would recommend would be San Tan, Their HopShock (ipa) or Devil's Ale (Pale Ale - one of my favorite beers right now), as well as Epicenter Ale (Amber) are all winners...

Thanks!
Dan

You still looking for some midwest brews? I can pick up Buffalo Sweat as well as 8 Pit Pale Ale. I'll have to check on the Velvet Rooster...don't think I've seen that one at Beertopia.

If you're still looking let me know... I'm not in the Midwest but I travel to Birmingham frequently and it's available there, I'm happy to help you out on my next trip.

Let me know what you still need after the dust settles. I live in a kc suburb on the Kansas side and went to school in Manhattan (K-State!). If its not in the kc metro (unlikely), I often go back for football games and other ventures (usually corporate recruiting).

Did you want to try any of their other offerings? I know I've had "tall grass ale" when I've been back. Don't know if that's the same as the 8bit or not (it was on tap).

I found myself at Hyvee this afternoon with $20 and picked up some Tallgrass IPA (I'm a big hophead) and Velvet Rooster. I'll pick up some Buffalo Sweat and Oasis tomorrow.

I can get anything needed from Tallgrass as I live here in Manhattan, KS and our beer club regularly meets at the Tallgrass tasting room to swap homebrews.

In all reality, I could possibly even hit up Jeff Gill and get some beer fresh off the bottling line!

Let me know if there's anything else needed that I can get for you/trade with you.

Back