I need help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitebirdfeathers

Reaction score
I brewed my IPA on Monday. The first day is churned and bubbled like mad. The past two days the gravity readings are steady at 1.010. What can I do here? It smells great but it seems to have no alcohol. Should I repitch?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks :confused:

What was your starty gravity and fermentation temp? I would assume that being an IPA your OG was somewhere in the 1.050 to 1.070 range? Either way 1.010 final gravity is good. As far as the speed of the ferment, sometimes beers will hit their final gravity in 24-36 hours, sometimes a week or more, it's very hard to predict. Going forward, if I were you, I for sure would not repitch(no need). I would let it sit for about 10-14 days and let the yeast clean up after themselves. Then take another hydro sample to verify the 1.010 number and bottle that stuff up. I wouldn't worry, from the information given you should be good to go.

More info about your recipe would help with more targeted advice, but no, don't repitch. Your beer is fine. Let it sit for at least another week or two, then dryhop if you're going to, bottle, wait for it to carb up and invite some friends over to party!

Back