I need help making my kegerator!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krops13

Reaction score
I recently acquired this GE mini fridge which i would love to make into a kegerator/ cheese cave. when i tried to set my corny keg inside for a test run it was about 1 or 2 inches short and hit the top freezer compartment. i would have just removed it but... it seems thats where all the coils run through. so i don't know what to do to make this work. i thought of maybe raising the front of the shelf this way it should just barley fit and i can get away with a slight bend in the line. that all i can think to do so far. but maybe a few more home brews would get the gear turning. I'm calling upon the brain trust that is this forum for help. BRAIN TRUST UNITE!!! :drunk:
IMG00027.jpg
(sorry for the link i couldn't figure out how to post a pic.

Thanx for the idea ill run that through the idea box for awhile. but mine doesn't have a long coiled line. its just 2 inches and goes straight back from the right corner.

I've seen some just push/pound the bottom of the freezer coil up to gain an extra inch or two. Just do not go so far as to pinch the condenser passages.

Back