I need a temp controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
I just burned up the second stc 1000 temp controller. I use it to control an AC and a heater in my ferment room. 2 times I have em melt inside. This one lasted a few years and a new heater evidently overloaded it. Is there a heavier duty one available?

Found one..... The new heater overloaded the controller. Found a heavier duty controller.

The new inkbird ITC-608T from the giveaway thread supports up to 1800w. They sent me one and so far so good.

Inkbird Temperature and Humidity Controller ITC-608T Pre-Wired AC Dual Stage Outlet Thermostat with 12 Period Time Stage, 1800w, ETL Listed (with Temperature Sensor) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GQW4VXQ/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know if would have helped you, but I use fused inlet male power switch plug, so hopefully the fuse will give up the ghost before the controller melts.

I too won one of the Inkbird giveaways. I have not had a chance to test it yet. I also have the ITC 308. It cannot be programmed, but I find it much easier to just go to it and change the temperature rather than trying to figure out the program and hoping I did it right. I don't know the capacity of the 308.

Back