I miss the 80s!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh yes!!!! Motley Crue, WASP, and Metal Church, Poison, Dokken and DIO!!!

The Breakfast Club and Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

Teased multi colored hair

Scrunched neon socks

Converse all stars

Spandex and tight leather pants

Yeah I miss em' too!

Just downloaded 3 memoirs of famous rockers. The first one I'm reading now is from the drummer of Guns and Roses. It's starting out pretty interesting! Some of it takes me back to the day.

Also watched The Terminator last night for a bit. Wow... Amazing how we lived without computers!

As a true 80's child, this thread is full of win. I miss my parachute pants.:(

_

Oh the 80's.

Going to the bar and having your choice of Bud, Bud Light, Coors, or Coors Light.

Grew up in the 80s... probably my favorite decade. 2 years ago, costumes for Halloween:

250002_107548472669905_100002442591723_73287_6090620_n.jpg

Jaybird said:
Ahhh yes!!!! Motley Crue, WASP, and Metal Church, Poison, Dokken and DIO!!!

The Breakfast Club and Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

Teased multi colored hair

Scrunched neon socks

Converse all stars

Spandex and tight leather pants

Yeah I miss em' too!

Those were the days. Definitely miss the hair metal.

LOL seriously bad hair, leggings worn with baggy sweaters and ankle boots, $.99 a pack cigarettes, "happy hour" with free food and watered down drinks, and a whole lot of really fun music.

I do sorta miss the 80s sometimes. I was skinny and cute and could wear high heels without falling over.

Tails.mullets. shortcut shirts,high tops,glambands,titerolled pants, acid washed,overtanned overhairsprayed bleached ass mother 80's. Now what? Where am i?

i miss all the coke!

just kidding, i was born in 87. i didn' t do much coke then. but you guys did right?... sweet

rycov said:
i miss all the coke!

just kidding, i was born in 87. i didn' t do much coke then. but you guys did right?... sweet

And then there was the fail of "new" coke...

Yeah, I know.

Yeah I dunno about the 80s tbh. I am jealous I didn't get more of the 70s. If I could go back in time I would go to the early 70s.

Two words Miami Vice!

Pastels and linen jackets, Jan Hammer sound tracks, Ferraris, and Don Johnson leaving $100 Bren Ten magazines all over Dade County.

It doesn't get any better.

(early) 80s were awesome because I was in my teens/20's. Mainstream hair bands, not so much. I was more into this kind of music along with anyone else without excessive hair(spray) who usually were not played on MTV.

Yea, I know '78 but you get the idea :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hair metal was so gay! Metallica made it good. Then they went gay too in 2000. I actually think Nirvana was credited for killing hair bands. Thank god for them. The 90s was good times.

Beezy said:
Hair metal was so gay! Metallica made it good. Then they went gay too in 2000. I actually think Nirvana was credited for killing hair bands. Thank god for them. The 90s was good times.

The 90's sucked for metal. Fun, but the music sucked.

viking73 said:
The 90's sucked for metal. Fun, but the music sucked.

I disagree with that. It took over where the late 70s left off. Look I am obviously not going to come to an agreement with anyone that thinks the 80s where awesome so we will just leave it at that.

Back